Author Topic: Speedmaster 427 block  (Read 4261 times)

ant123

• View Profile
Re: Speedmaster 427 block
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2021, 03:29:18 PM »
I think most performance parts nowadays  are coming from China/India or somewhere else not USA. The major brands are not advertising this of course, but something to keep in mind.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »
Which is not necessarily bad, having seen the issues over the years with the people trying to build a better 351C block and having hell getting domestic entities to cast blocks.  Larger companies can afford to have QA representation at the site of manufacture, which I have read as being a key thing to help ensure they get the quality level they ordered and paid for.  Mostly I think it's raw castings that can be machined here.  When ocean freight was cheap, bet you could buy a container or two of engine blocks and have them shipped here cheap.  Then throw the castings in the CNC to finish.  Any defects, toss it in the recycle pile.  With shipping costs and delays now, maybe not so much. 

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2021, 03:30:27 PM »
we brought container over from Asia up until July this year @ about $2400 per container, now that cost is about $17,000-$19,000 per container.

Have you seen Tim MaAmis's youtube video on buying parts made in China?
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2021, 05:15:06 PM »
Bet the recording device he used was made in China  ???
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Blueoval77

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2021, 07:59:38 PM »
I dont have a dog in this fight and dont endorse one block over any other really , I feel that they do that all on their own and whatever is decent gets talked about here and there by the people that rely on the reputation they have built.. This says quite a bit all on its own..
With that said.
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt whatsoever that if these were sold people would be buying them up like there is no tomorrow . I mean take a look at all the other crap thats being peddled from China that people simply cannot wait to purchase. What I will say as an American and an enthusiast is that the conversations I see should be far different than they are. Americans should be angry , not getting in line . Manufacturing has left our country because of Americans standing in that line to buy garbage . Its like they simply cannot get enough of it !!! Each of the people in these lines is making it harder and harder for an American made product to come to market thats "affordable"

Lastly , its your damn block people !! I guess if you outfit the thing with all of the other fine offerings from Chicken wings Inc and dont have a bunch of cash in this rather large pile of junk . You wont mind so much when it turns into smaller pieces of junk when you ask it do to something. But if you have spent some cash on a good crank and good machine work and all of the other odds and ends that make up one of these old girls . You will be seriously offended by what the CCP has done to your life , your wallet , and anything else that got in the way when it comes apart.. Then we see these same folks on forums complaining about how the side of cylinder heads they got with their beef Lo mien have been nothing but trouble and they need help figuring out their life choices....

Im sorry but damn people.... With everything else going to hell in a hand basket I wouldnt be getting in line to get products from a country that cannot stand us  , steals on a non stop basis and would love to impose its views and way of life here on our soil.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2021, 12:38:57 PM »

............... look at all the other crap that's being peddled from China that people simply cannot wait to purchase.

Americans should be angry , not getting in line . Manufacturing has left our country because of Americans standing in that line to buy garbage . Its like they simply cannot get enough of it !!! Each of the people in these lines is making it harder and harder for an American made product to come to market that's "affordable"

Im sorry but damn people.... With everything else going to hell in a hand basket I wouldnt be getting in line to get products from a country that cannot stand us  , steals on a non stop basis and would love to impose its views and way of life here on our soil.

++++++++++++1   >:(

Scott.

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2021, 04:06:02 PM »
we brought container over from Asia up until July this year @ about $2400 per container, now that cost is about $17,000-$19,000 per container.

Have you seen Tim MaAmis's youtube video on buying parts made in China?

Not to mention when they hit the dock, at least on the west coast there’s a rail car shortage, a container chassis shortage, so you get to wait free you pay 500% more for shipping.
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.