Author Topic: FE Eye Candy  (Read 2557 times)

BruceS

• View Profile
FE Eye Candy
« on: April 23, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »
Hi All,
This last Saturday I had a chance to go to the "Ponies in the Park" national Mustang show put on by the MCA in Beaumont, TX which is about 2 hours west of my place. The venue was even called "Ford Park". A buddy of mine had his restored '65 GT 350 in the show to be judged; turns out it did pretty well.  Believe it or not, the judges pored over his car for over an hour!
I decided to take some pics of the FE powered Mustangs in attendance, so here is a pretty good cross-section of what was there. For all but one of them, you will see they are restored stock. So it will at least give an idea of what they looked like back in the day, thermactor emissions and all... but of course a lot shinier!  Btw there were several displays there including Roush cars and engines. I inquired to see if they did FEs and turns out they have about 6 different versions, all of which use the Shelby alum block.  They are definitely not cheap, but come complete including front dress, pulleys etc. excluding headers. They offer a warranty too. But after thinking about it, seems it would be a lot more fun to do your own!  Anyway, hope you enjoy.  Bruce

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Bselby1/library/Mustangs%200413
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

rockhouse66

• View Profile
Re: FE Eye Candy
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »
Thanks for posting!  The purple special paint CJ car is very rare, and the Twister Special looks great - especially the plain hub caps and trim rings.
Jim

BruceS

• View Profile
Re: FE Eye Candy
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:13:29 AM »
Jim, according to the owner the purple car is 1 of 4. Also, correction - since I live in the Houston area Beaumont is east of me, not west!  Slight brain fade there... Bruce
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic