FE Power Forums > FE Technical Forum

Front sway bar for 1966 Fairlane?

(1/4) > >>

Joe66GT:
Looking for a front sway bar for my Fairlane but I'm finding conflicting information online as to which bar fits an FE. Does anyone know if the Addco 715 (one inch dia.) or Hellwig 6707 (1 1/8th inch dia.) bar fits a 1966 Fairlane with an FE? Thank you.

428kidd:
I have an original off of a 390 GT car if your looking for an original.

Joe66GT:
Thanks for the offer but I wound up ordering a one inch bar from CJ Pony parts last night. Hope it fits!

Falcon67:
Just an FYI in case you hadn't thought about it - adding a bar that size to the nose without something like a 5/8 or maybe 3/4 in the rear is going to just stiffen up the nose roll and cause the car to understeer more that it might normally. Been there, done that.

GerryP:
Proof of the concept right there.  Bars move dynamic weight.  If you tighten up the front, you move that weight to the rear and end up with a situation where the front plows.  Many add a rear bar where there was none and are surprised that the rear end now comes around on them.  Bars and springs work on the opposite end so you have to work both sides and both ends of the car.  And don't leave shocks out of the mix.  They have more of an impact that many believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version