FE Power Forums > FE Technical Forum

Jay's Intake Adapter, On a Diet

<< < (2/4) > >>

frnkeore:
I did a little more carving today, before tearing the setup down.

It occurred to me that I hadn't shown the manifold on the fixture so, that's one picture, the next is the back cut, I put on the back side of the port flanges and the last one, is the breather cover. It was .34 thick and flat, with 2 mounting holes. I C'bored the mounting holes for the button head screws, made a boss for the 1/2" pipe hole, .200 deep and angled the bottom out. A 90°, -10 fitting will go into the tapped hole.

TomP:
Nice work

frnkeore:
Thank you, Tom.

jayb:
Just an FYI, the intake adapter I did for Joe had smaller pushrod holes at his request.  More room for porting the intake adapter before breaking into the pushrod holes, I guess.  My standard pushrod holes are 0.625" wide; the ones I did for Joe, and actually for quite a few other folks, are 0.520" wide.  I do custom pushrod hole sizes and locations on a regular basis for intake adapter customers.  For example, a lot of guys are running a 0.250" offset on the intake rockers, to allow for a wider port.  For those guys, I move the whole intake pushrod hole over 0.250".

frnkeore:
Thanks for clarifying that, Jay.

Do you have any 58mm IR manifolds in the works, for the adapter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version