Author Topic: Dead Nuts On treated me well and made a good product.  (Read 1723 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
Dead Nuts On treated me well and made a good product.
« on: June 27, 2022, 08:33:48 AM »
The comapny, Dead Nuts On, (www.deadnutson.com) were good to deal with, made a good product, did things in a reasonable time frame, and the overall cost made using them a good value.

I purchased a driveshaft for a 1965 GT-350.
The driveshaft arrived packaged VERY well.
All the proper paint markings and numbers were in place.
The proper U-joints and slip yoke were installed.

I simply had to unbox the driveshaft, remove the retainer holding the pinion yoke U-joint caps in place, and install.

The cost for this complete, ready to install, properly marked and built driveshaft that was shipped directly to my doorstep was $470 total.

As a comparison it would have cost me $400 to get one built in my area.
This would not include the slip yoke....another $100 at least.
This would not include any proper paint markings, nor would it have been built with any sort of collector car visual aspect in mind. I'm not saying the driveline shop unit would look like sheit, but the Dead Nuts On unit was built with both mechanical and visual aspects clearly in mind....I'll call that $50 in time and materials.
This would include me delivering to, and picking up from, the shop doing the work....the closet shop to me is a 60 mile round trip...I'll call that another $100 in time and expenses.

The people at Dead Nuts On are enthusiasts who know the product, speak the language, have useful suggestions, are knowledgeable enough to ask useful, guided questions, and they were pleasant to deal with.

It has been a long.....LONG time since I have dealt with a company doing business in this manner.
I enjoyed doing business with them because of all they have to offer.