FE Power Forums > Private Classifieds

Suggestions/Help about where to sell non-FE parts.

(1/2) > >>

cleandan:
Hey all, I am looking for suggestions about good places to sell some 429/460 parts.
Ebay is out for me.
I have not sold much in a long time so I am not current where the better places are.

Years ago I was a very limited user on the 460Ford website, but it got so overtaken by popup ads that I left and have not been back.
While I am running up to date blockers, I would like to avoid a place with all that if I can.

I have not been on racing junk in forever either so I don't know how that is going today as well.

If you have any good suggestions I would appreciate a helpful nudge in the right direction.

Thanks and have a great day.

Diogenes:
I use Firefox as my web browser, and have the NoScript addon installed, and I never get popups, but you may need to adjust it's settings to get my results. I've been using it for years to keep junk from running on my computer- you'd be amazed by all the different web addresses that load on one web page, NoScript allows you to block each one and will make a website non-functional if your settings are too strict (or you can decide to quit using websites, as I do). Another good program/addon is Privacy Badger, which was developed and is maintained by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. https://privacybadger.org/

As for selling, I've had some luck over the years with Craigslist, but you've got to be on the lookout for scammers. Always protect your private information. I've sold a few things this year on C/L, just realize you will limit your market since selling local on the site is the safest. I've never shipped or purchased anything that wasn't within a couple hours of me. Always deal face to face and with cash. Meet buyers in a public place for safety.

There are some ebay competitors out there, but I've never used any of them. I've checked out Bonanza, but never bought/sold anything there. https://www.bonanza.com/

Personally, I'd try Craigslist first. You will likely need to be more patient, but a little more time to sell something is a small price to pay to escape ebay fees.

Good luck

shady:
try the other forum, fordfe.com. They have a misc. for sale thread.

Rory428:
I suppose different regions use different sales sources. When I was planning my cross Canada move last year, between craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, I sold so much stuff that I didn`t want to have to move 4000 miles with me, that I couldn`t believe it. Engines and parts, shop equipment, tools, etc, those 2 markets worked great. Funny, here in Nova Scotia, it seems that Marketplace and Kijijji are the popular models, with very few using craigslist. I rarely sold on EBay, but bought a lot, but in recent years, with the changes made (Paypal only, no negative feedback allowed etc), I haven`t even looked at Ebay in months. Plus all the BS listings that have practically every vehicle ever made at the bottom of their ads, so if you do a search for a certain item, you get bombarded by crap that you are not interested in. Like valve stem caps, light bulbs, plastic wheel covers etc that "Will fit a 1959 Ford". You end up getting 30,000 items in your search, but maybe 25 or 30 actually pertain to your actual search criteria.

AlanCasida:
If you are on Face Book there is a 385 Big Block Power Yard Sale where you post 385 items for sale. Here is a link to it but I'm not sure if it will go through if you are not a member.
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/345730306000618

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version