Author Topic: Suggestions/Help about where to sell non-FE parts.  (Read 1186 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
Suggestions/Help about where to sell non-FE parts.
« on: October 02, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »
Hey all, I am looking for suggestions about good places to sell some 429/460 parts.
Ebay is out for me.
I have not sold much in a long time so I am not current where the better places are.

Years ago I was a very limited user on the 460Ford website, but it got so overtaken by popup ads that I left and have not been back.
While I am running up to date blockers, I would like to avoid a place with all that if I can.

I have not been on racing junk in forever either so I don't know how that is going today as well.

If you have any good suggestions I would appreciate a helpful nudge in the right direction.

Thanks and have a great day.

Diogenes

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions/Help about where to sell non-FE parts.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 09:57:44 AM »
I use Firefox as my web browser, and have the NoScript addon installed, and I never get popups, but you may need to adjust it's settings to get my results. I've been using it for years to keep junk from running on my computer- you'd be amazed by all the different web addresses that load on one web page, NoScript allows you to block each one and will make a website non-functional if your settings are too strict (or you can decide to quit using websites, as I do). Another good program/addon is Privacy Badger, which was developed and is maintained by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. https://privacybadger.org/

As for selling, I've had some luck over the years with Craigslist, but you've got to be on the lookout for scammers. Always protect your private information. I've sold a few things this year on C/L, just realize you will limit your market since selling local on the site is the safest. I've never shipped or purchased anything that wasn't within a couple hours of me. Always deal face to face and with cash. Meet buyers in a public place for safety.

There are some ebay competitors out there, but I've never used any of them. I've checked out Bonanza, but never bought/sold anything there. https://www.bonanza.com/

Personally, I'd try Craigslist first. You will likely need to be more patient, but a little more time to sell something is a small price to pay to escape ebay fees.

Good luck
WHEN CRIMINALS MAKE THE LAWS, OBEYING THE LAW IS A CRIME.

1966 Galaxie 500 390 Toploader 3.89 Traction-Lock 9in.
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1971 Montego MX wagon 351C Toploader Detroit Locker Cyclone competition gauge/dash bucket seats/console
1989 Texas DPS Police Mustang
1971 Torino GT 351C 4V AT
1968 Cougar 351W Toploader Traction-Lock 8in.
1989 Dodge Omni modified 2.5 turbo from hell

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »
try the other forum, fordfe.com. They have a misc. for sale thread.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »
I suppose different regions use different sales sources. When I was planning my cross Canada move last year, between craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, I sold so much stuff that I didn`t want to have to move 4000 miles with me, that I couldn`t believe it. Engines and parts, shop equipment, tools, etc, those 2 markets worked great. Funny, here in Nova Scotia, it seems that Marketplace and Kijijji are the popular models, with very few using craigslist. I rarely sold on EBay, but bought a lot, but in recent years, with the changes made (Paypal only, no negative feedback allowed etc), I haven`t even looked at Ebay in months. Plus all the BS listings that have practically every vehicle ever made at the bottom of their ads, so if you do a search for a certain item, you get bombarded by crap that you are not interested in. Like valve stem caps, light bulbs, plastic wheel covers etc that "Will fit a 1959 Ford". You end up getting 30,000 items in your search, but maybe 25 or 30 actually pertain to your actual search criteria.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 03:38:34 PM »
If you are on Face Book there is a 385 Big Block Power Yard Sale where you post 385 items for sale. Here is a link to it but I'm not sure if it will go through if you are not a member.
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/345730306000618

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 11:06:47 AM »
Thanks for the help guys.
I appreciate your time.

I don't use eBay anymore because of the way they have catered to those who wish to lie and cheat.
I have never been on FaceBook since its inception because of the user agreement and what they expect me to do in order to use the site.
In my opinion using Face Book is much the same as buying ice cream from your local Ice Cream Man who you know is also sexually trafficking teens on the side....but hey, the ice cream is good.

I'll try some other ad blockers and such to see what happens, but MAN! Some of those sites just hog pile your computer with unwanted junk even when running blockers.

Thanks again and have a great day.

hbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 10:32:11 AM »
you can try here.things do sell.
https://www.429-460.com