Author Topic: Hot Rod Drag Week 2021 kicks off today  (Read 5137 times)

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
Re: Hot Rod Drag Week 2021 kicks off today
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2021, 01:05:32 PM »
Joel, it's even more impressive that you do DW without a trailer. Luxurious space is not exactly a thing on those old coupes.

Nice picture of you and Cheryl. She's a cancer survivor, and a solid regular on DW. It's cool to see her Model A every year, and always without any problems to speak of.

Thanks for the pics.

You find every nook and cranny you can to put stuff in. We also use soft collapsible bags for everything. Next year, the tool box is going to be just that. A bag you can smash down. Day one is the toughest, as we carry enough stuff to change oil twice during the event. After the first oil change, it's not bad at all. I've now gotten used to packing the car so many times, that you know the best place for everything.

Jay will be disappointed to know Joel doesn't carry his umbrella, or his 1950's suitcase anymore.

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Re: Hot Rod Drag Week 2021 kicks off today
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2021, 01:30:30 PM »
Joel, it's even more impressive that you do DW without a trailer. Luxurious space is not exactly a thing on those old coupes.

Nice picture of you and Cheryl. She's a cancer survivor, and a solid regular on DW. It's cool to see her Model A every year, and always without any problems to speak of.

Thanks for the pics.

You find every nook and cranny you can to put stuff in. We also use soft collapsible bags for everything. Next year, the tool box is going to be just that. A bag you can smash down. Day one is the toughest, as we carry enough stuff to change oil twice during the event. After the first oil change, it's not bad at all. I've now gotten used to packing the car so many times, that you know the best place for everything.

Jay will be disappointed to know Joel doesn't carry his umbrella, or his 1950's suitcase anymore.

When I ran my Galaxie on DW I took a picture of the trunk with it all loaded, enlarged and printed it out and taped it to one of the containers so I could see how it all went back in because there was really one way for it all to go. :)