Author Topic: rocker assembly stud kits  (Read 1812 times)

rcianci

• View Profile
rocker assembly stud kits
« on: September 15, 2021, 12:57:29 PM »
Gentleman what are you using for the a/n subject. Preferences, value, etc. I would appreciate your help. No help from the other forum as usual. I have not posted here for awhile but will be doing so more often.Thx. Bob.

fekbmax

• View Profile
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: rocker assembly stud kits
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »
Welcome back Bob.
X2 on above, Doug is helpful and his stuff is top notch.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 09:43:38 PM »
I originally purchased my stuff from Dove.
Then I upgraded to the Precision Oil Pumps set from Doug G., including ends stands and soldi spacers.
This was quite a while ago and at that time his kit was using the ARP studs.

The ARP studs were easy to install and have not given one second of trouble.

The studs do make removal of the rocker shaft a bit tricky because you have to either remove studs, or pull the shaft off basically in perfect alignment...otherwise they are easy to deal with.

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 12:26:02 PM »
I originally purchased my stuff from Dove.
Then I upgraded to the Precision Oil Pumps set from Doug G., including ends stands and soldi spacers.
This was quite a while ago and at that time his kit was using the ARP studs.

The ARP studs were easy to install and have not given one second of trouble.

The studs do make removal of the rocker shaft a bit tricky because you have to either remove studs, or pull the shaft off basically in perfect alignment...otherwise they are easy to deal with.

Cleandan,
I usually leave my studs loose and install the rocker shafts. Then torque them down. I don't use any thread locker. I loosen them up to remove the shaft assemblies when needed. Not sure if it's a preferred method but it has worked for me. I do understand your comment of "perfect alignment".
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

GerryP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »
What other forum?  You mean the Net54 forum?  If that's the case, I don't recall seeing you posting a question there.   But if you posted it some place other than the tech forum, I wouldn't see it.

Old Blue 67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 09:02:54 AM »
Edelbrock number EDE6009 which is made by ARP.
1967 F-100 Ranger-currently 390,C6,9 inch,3:50 ratio posi traction, factory bucket seats, lowered with Dream Beams and hanger flip. Power steering, power disc brakes, A/C.

rcianci

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 09:36:14 AM »
What other forum?  You mean the Net54 forum?  If that's the case, I don't recall seeing you posting a question there.   But if you posted it some place other than the tech forum, I wouldn't see it.
Mr ProctorI have posted 329 times on the 332-428 forum including a very extensive answer from you on carb function, issues etc.Are you getting old, my name on the other forum is rjcianci. Thx. Bob.

GerryP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 11:38:27 AM »
Mr ProctorI have posted 329 times on the 332-428 forum including a very extensive answer from you on carb function, issues etc.Are you getting old, my name on the other forum is rjcianci. Thx. Bob.

Yes, I am getting old, Bob.  And I meant this question in particular, not any question from you ever.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
X3 Doug from precision oil pumps.