Author Topic: Shopping some Open Tracker parts  (Read 1081 times)

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Shopping some Open Tracker parts
« on: August 19, 2021, 11:55:01 AM »
Recently upgraded my Ford front disc brakes to Wilwood 11” rotors and four piston calipers. While in the wheel wells I thought I should hit some of the ball joint and A arm zerks. I found one of the A arm bushings was loose. It had been tacked to the arm by someone, ( Ford ever do that?). Tack was broken and bushing could be moved with fingers. Car does not have a ton of passes but has lifted the tires a little a few times.
So time to throw some more money at this car. I had wanted to see how well I could do with mostly stock front suspension,( only non stock components at this point are Calvert 90/10 shocks). However cannot ignore the A arm issue so have been talking with John from Open Tracker. Going to order the roller bearing A arms, single bearing pivot perch seats and either modify my existing lower control arms or get his with the spherical joints.
What have guys who have done this mod seen for improved 60’ times?

Be well
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’