Author Topic: Bolt in front coilover's  (Read 3271 times)

Jb427

• View Profile
Re: Bolt in front coilover's
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 08:03:17 PM »
Yes i went from a stock 390 c6 to 482 bbm and toploader and mine droped almost 1 inch over what it was before

Where the hell did the extra weight come from? Thought the new combo would be loaded with aluminium.

Only heads and intake and my old 390 had a alloy intake on it. Mine would be fine but the lakewood scatter shield has the 2 inch lip right around it that eats up my speed bump height.

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 11:32:54 PM »
Modifications to the bell housing in any fashion will exclude your housing from future re-certifications and could possibly eliminate your car from competition on a sanctioned drag strip. Some tech inspectors subscribe to the opinion that even if the class you desire to compete in has no requirement  for an item of safety equipment which you have chosen to install then you are still required to maintain the current certification just as if the item were required by the class rules. Good luck.

Jb427

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 05:20:51 AM »
Modifications to the bell housing in any fashion will exclude your housing from future re-certifications and could possibly eliminate your car from competition on a sanctioned drag strip. Some tech inspectors subscribe to the opinion that even if the class you desire to compete in has no requirement  for an item of safety equipment which you have chosen to install then you are still required to maintain the current certification just as if the item were required by the class rules. Good luck.

Not sure what that has to do with coilover shock's and street use my car is not a super stock car.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 09:35:15 AM »
He's just giving you a heads up from the track trenches that NHRA inspectors can be azzholes.  Should you decide to play in some event where they are present.

There are a multitude of different springs available for the Aldan kist
https://aldanamerican.com/custom-coilover-springs/

Blueoval77

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 06:21:17 PM »
Vikings

Skylaneav8r

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 09:50:20 AM »
I installed a set of QA1 coil overs on my 69 Mach1 last year.
Best money I have spent on the car so far.

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 11:25:31 AM »
Yes i went from a stock 390 c6 to 482 bbm and toploader and mine droped almost 1 inch over what it was before

Where the hell did the extra weight come from? Thought the new combo would be loaded with aluminium.

The BBM is much heavier than a basic 390 , between the additional lifter valley reinforcements , thicker cylinder walls , thicker deck , beefier main caps all adds up

mike7570

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »

A BBM block is quite a bit heavier than a factory FE, about 75lbs IIRC

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 10:03:35 AM »
Vikings

What crossmember/control arms are you running there?  Thanks!