Author Topic: O/T: can anyone recommend a long-distance car hauler?  (Read 1171 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
O/T: can anyone recommend a long-distance car hauler?
« on: September 10, 2021, 08:26:04 AM »
Have 3 to ship, suburban Chicago, IL to Winter Haven FL. 2 Stangs and one small Kia SUV.

Lots of 'Net availability yet all claim to be the best! Any recent experiences?
Bob Maag

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: O/T: can anyone recommend a long-distance car hauler?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 09:30:21 AM »
Bob I just used a car hauler via Uship. They are an intermediary. I’ve used them for large parts before and figured I’d give them a try on cars for my recent move to TN. The cars arrived with no damage. And the process was easy. I will say that I think it’s a bit more expensive having the middle man. My total bill for two cars was about 3 grand. I am under the impression that it can be done for about 1k per car but I have no experience there only word of mouth from my nephew that has a friend in the business.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »
Thanks Marc! Just started looking around and it appears there are a ton of carriers, yet which are the better ones is a tad elusive!
Bob Maag

djburton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 09:50:55 AM »
I used these guys,I was happy,guy that bought the car was VERY happy.   Global Trans   Juan Carlos Asencio...813-500-8577. He owns the trucks,no broker fees

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 01:58:07 PM »
I used these guys,I was happy,guy that bought the car was VERY happy.   Global Trans   Juan Carlos Asencio...813-500-8577. He owns the trucks,no broker fees

Thanks! Will call them.
Bob Maag

oldiron.fe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 02:55:25 PM »
                                                                                                                                                             hauls for dealers and rental companys but does custom and snowbirds quite a few years --hauls with full semi/car hauler mostly midwest/fla trips--- out of lacrosse, wis.   noel stein -910-443-3232
66' Fairlanes 427 (08/26/67- present)
66/67' Fairlanes
70' Mustang Fastback
66' Dually

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 12:00:17 PM »
Don't use a company called Masney transportation. They use enclosed trailers and still managed to total the wagon I got from Werby. Then tried to say it was my fault , fought me the whole process for three months then screwed me on the payment end so I couldn't replace it. Stay far far away from them. On a side not many years ago I used Blue star auto movers, they are open trailer. They at least got the car to me, but did damage the hood , but paid quickly and easy to deal with.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 10:48:36 AM »
Thanks to all who replied!  8)
Bob Maag