Author Topic: Isky Roller Lifters???  (Read 4304 times)

price5113

• View Profile
Isky Roller Lifters???
« on: April 20, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
Does anybody here have any 'feedback' on the Isky "EZ Roll" Red Zone lifters? Considering using them on our build, or the old standby Crowers. I thought I'd heard one time about the oil feed hole in the "385" lifter giving some oiling issues when used in the FE, as I have not seen where Isky offers a FE specific lifter. Were are using BT Heads with T&D rockers and I was kicking the idea around about using a 7/16" pushrod with a reduced oil feed oil in the p/rod.....

afret

Re: Isky Roller Lifters???
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
When I first ordered a set of the EZ roll lifters, they sent me a set with the 385 lifter bodies and the pushrod oil holes were in line with the lifter oil passages so way too much oil got through to the heads.  They sent me a set with the SBF lifter bodies with the pushrod oil holes 90* to the lifter passages with BBF link bars and it works great.  The oil is restricted by the lifter bore clearance to get from the oil band in the lifter to the pushrod oil hole.  No restrictor pushrods are needed.  You just have to call them.

Also Crower started making the bushed lifters too but I don't think they have been tested as much since they haven't been on the market very long.

price5113

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »
Great info! I appreciate the tip. We will call Isky direct. Were did you see some info on the Crower version? I have not checked their website recently.....................

afret

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
I think Crower's bushed lifters are the Enduramax series. They have FE lifters in their online catalog.

price5113

• View Profile
Re: Crower Roller Lifters???
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »
Thanks man. I will check it out!

Ford428CJ

• FE FREAK!
    • View Profile
    • Hillside Auto
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »
You cant go wrong with ether one... Both are a great product for sure!
Wes Adams FORD428CJ 
Hillside Auto- Custom Curved, Blueprinted Distributors
03 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.0 and 35's
64 Falcon 428FE
55 FORD Truck 4-link Rides on air with 428FE