Author Topic: New Dragweek registration parameter  (Read 1243 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
New Dragweek registration parameter
« on: May 14, 2021, 12:29:54 PM »
 just read on one of the DragWeek forums that those who are eligible to register early are required to send a photo Id. Man, that is just too much. No way will send them a picture of my Driver's license. Plus it now costs $475 to enter.  >:(  Rocky Mountain Race Week, baby!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:32:47 PM by AlanCasida »

Hemi Joel

• View Profile
Re: New Dragweek registration parameter
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 04:39:51 PM »
Alan, I understand some people are very concerned about privacy. But I sent them a picture of my driver's license and I have zero concern about anything bad coming of it. I'm more concerned that they still haven't refunded me for my 2020 registration fee and I had to pay again to register for 2021. My emails asking for the refund have gone unanswered.

Hemi Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 04:42:00 PM »
I think they are probably asking for a copy of the license to thwart attempts at transferring registration when over-optimistic registrants figure out they'll never get their car done in time.

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 04:51:48 PM »
Alan, I understand some people are very concerned about privacy. But I sent them a picture of my driver's license and I have zero concern about anything bad coming of it. I'm more concerned that they still haven't refunded me for my 2020 registration fee and I had to pay again to register for 2021. My emails asking for the refund have gone unanswered.
Yeah I never got my money back either. As far as the d/l goes it seems like just one more hoop to jump through. I may cool off over time, I don't know. That will really put the crunch on regular registration given that it usually sells out in about 4 minutes.  On RMRW all they ask for is who you are, what car, what class and your email address...and payment of course.   I registered for RMRW 2.0 in September so I'll be going to it. :)

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 04:54:49 PM »
I'm more concerned that they still haven't refunded me for my 2020 registration fee and I had to pay again to register for 2021. My emails asking for the refund have gone unanswered.

Really? I got mine back as soon as it was cancelled. If you go this year, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking up some people, and politely, but firmly, let them know the situation. That's too big a chunk to just swallow.

What car are you taking this year, Joel?

I wouldn't be real happy about the drivers license either. Proof of ID upon entry should be, and IS enough. And the price is just getting out of hand.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Hemi Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »
Doug, I'm fixing to bring the Hemi Coupe again. Hoping to have it in the 9's.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 01:37:43 PM »
Even though I'm not going this year, if the weather is decent, I'll head up to Norwalk when you guys are there, just to hang out and watch.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 05:00:06 AM »
I would simply black out your driver's license number. That does keep some of your information private.