Author Topic: Let's talk cylinder heads  (Read 2907 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mark Bliss

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2026, 08:55:26 PM »
Blair,
That is awesome! And I would very much like to see ALL the details you would care to share.
I think I have to accept that most people dont really care to openly share knowledge at the level I seek. I have tried to humbly hint I am not uninformed...

Being on the vintage OE block side of this specific discussion, those power levels are a little out of reach.
I reckon I am more of a "kissing the 550-600" range while accepting the reality that beyond that range I am taking risks...

My I interest lays in the details. Combinations. Power under the curve. Broad midrange heavy power curves. Best average torque within a given range.

Peak numbers, bragging rights and egomania bore me to tears.


e philpott

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2026, 09:35:13 AM »
Blair,
That is awesome! And I would very much like to see ALL the details you would care to share.
I think I have to accept that most people dont really care to openly share knowledge at the level I seek. I have tried to humbly hint I am not uninformed...

Being on the vintage OE block side of this specific discussion, those power levels are a little out of reach.
I reckon I am more of a "kissing the 550-600" range while accepting the reality that beyond that range I am taking risks...

My I interest lays in the details. Combinations. Power under the curve. Broad midrange heavy power curves. Best average torque within a given range.

Peak numbers, bragging rights and egomania bore me to tears.

here's a 352 build with the small intake valve BBM head from Blair on page 2 of the dyno section
https://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=12711.0

Mark Bliss

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2026, 06:18:59 PM »
Thanks for the link. I had missed that one.
Little of that build matches my intentions, but still... very interesting.
More cubes, more cam, more induction... heads with those flow numbers should be lively!

e philpott

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2026, 07:44:35 AM »
Here's a 390 .030 over with BBM "A" optioned heads, I just ordered A heads with 70cc chamber about a week or so ago for my 63 416 Fairlane, "A heads" are CNC intake ported with a 2.20 intake valve and are the beginning of his CNC head options
https://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=13258.0

frnkeore

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1336
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2026, 01:54:11 PM »
BBM “F” heads 848 HP / 716 TQ today.  Swapped over to some 850 Center Squirters that Drew sent up here.  Still a little left tomorrow.  I think it will make 860 tomorrow.  🙂
Here is Blair's last Dyno run with the 850's.

BTW, my new in the box TFS will be for sale soon.
Frank

'60 Ford Starliner
'61 Fairlane 500
Austin Healey Replica with 427 & 8.5 Cert