Duane Bjornson here, I have been on the FE forum for a while but mostly lurking and don't post much.
I started working at a Ford dealer when I was 16 as a helper and one of the techs there had 13 Mustangs from 65 to 72. He got me hooked on the FE engine. I left Ford at 19 and started an apprenticeship in the HVAC&R industry working for the Trane corporation. I worked in commercial and industrial refrigeration for 15 years until the local apprenticeship training center hired me full time as the HVAC&R instructor!
Cars 72 Mustang (was the first). Sold the 72 and bought a 68 Mustang coup and beat the crap out of it but had fun. Sold it to get my 69 convertible which is my on going project that my wife loves to hate. I was excited to see Jay making a 69 Shelby clone. Not many of them around and they are unique which is why I am cloning one. My project has evolved through the years (kids take time) but I enjoy the time I get to tinker with it. With the SOHC there has always been something that needs custom attention (engine is set back 3") but it's fun.
Great amount of knowledge with the different people posting and I enjoy reading and learning.
One of my latest mock up pics