Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Legacy

Pages: [1]
1
I slide the motor mount bolts through the mount, go under the car and lift the transmission into place with a floor jack, install the transmission mount and bolts, install the drives shaft and tighten the U bolts, lower the rear of the car, and install the nuts on the motor mounts and begin connecting all the lines, wires, hoses, belts, etc.  Your method may vary.   Works for CJ/C-6.  Joe-JDC
That's more or less how I saw that process in my head.

2
So first post here but I'm building an S-Code Mustang right now. This method for installing everything has me intrigued.

Walk me through this a little more. You jack up the rear of the car, slide the engine and transmission in all in one shot then what? Do you prop up the tail of the transmission to install your motor mount bolts or do you lower the car back down to install the motor mount bolts or some other method here I'm not thinking about?

Pages: [1]