Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - FE4ME

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Private Classifieds / Re: Top Loader Swap
« on: September 23, 2026, 11:37:36 PM »
I have a Toploader 4 speed out of a 1969 mustang 390 4v car. I purchased it for my ‘64 custom 500 to do a manual swap. I didn’t realize I needed a longer tail shaft. So up for sale is a Toploader with the data tag reading RUG-AD1 with close ratio, 28 spline. I am in need of a toploader with a longer tail shaft (27”) ideally with an HEH-D tag. Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated.

64Custom, I got your private message,  and sent you a reply regarding my Galaxie Toploader

2
Private Classifieds / Re: Big Shaft Clutch Fork Differences ?
« on: September 10, 2026, 01:07:32 PM »
Good idea, thanks

3
FE Technical Forum / 428CJ / B429 Clutch Fork Differences ?
« on: September 10, 2026, 01:06:44 PM »
I have a C8OA-7515-D clutch fork for big shaft input , originally for a 68-69 428CJ.
Would this also work without modifications on a 1970 with a 429 and toploader with original 429SCJ bellhousing ?
I realize ford made a different fork for the Boss 429 , but how was it different from a 69 428CJ fork?
Length? specific bend? clip location?

thanks

4
Private Classifieds / Big Shaft Clutch Fork Differences ?
« on: September 04, 2026, 06:12:20 PM »
I have a C8OA-7515-D clutch fork for big shaft input , originally for a 68-69 428CJ.
Would this also work on a 1970 with a 429 and toploader with original 429 bellhousing ?
I realize ford made a different for for the Boss 429 , but how was it different from a 69 428CJ fork?
Length? specific bend? clip location?
thanks

5
Private Classifieds / Re: For sale , Galaxie Toploader
« on: July 30, 2026, 05:38:38 PM »
This transmission is still available.

6
Private Classifieds / Re: FE toploader shifter and linkage
« on: March 22, 2026, 01:48:58 PM »
sounds like you already have a Toploader,
but if you dont , I have a rebuilt big shaft Galaxie toploader with original shifter
send me a private message for more pics and details

7
Private Classifieds / Re: WTB Two L2244 Std pistons
« on: March 19, 2026, 02:13:23 PM »
I recently saw a set of 427 pistons on craigslist los angeles , dont recall if they were original ford or TRW ?

8
Private Classifieds / Re: The Other FE Forum
« on: January 15, 2026, 04:59:44 PM »
Thank for all the replies, Yes I guess I dont really log on unless I see something that id like to reply to.
Will try that next time.
thanks!

9
Private Classifieds / The Other FE Forum
« on: January 14, 2026, 04:30:27 PM »
I used to frequent  both this site and the other FE forum (FordFE.com)

Does anyone know what happened with the quality of the other site fordfe.com ? did they sell out to advertisers?
When I go there its hard to do anything because of  constant pop ups , ads on the left of the screen, ads on the right of the screen ,  ads on the bottom , click here for this click there for that etc
 Every time I go there I leave within 1 min  because of all the ads,
It only happens on that site no other sites or forums , its horrible.

Is this happening to anyone else ?

10
Private Classifieds / Re: WTB - Mallory YL twin point vac
« on: July 10, 2025, 01:47:30 PM »
I have a..... 301 but it does not have vac advance

11
Private Classifieds / Re: wtb: 391ft crankshaft
« on: June 14, 2025, 12:46:21 PM »
I dont have the crank youre looking for , but do have a 391 flywheel and block seperator plate if needed

12
Private Classifieds / Re: For sale , Galaxie Toploader
« on: June 06, 2025, 04:47:51 PM »
still available.

If youre looking for something different,  do have a few other Toploaders available as well including Mustang / Shelby Big shaft

13
Private Classifieds / For sale , Galaxie Toploader
« on: January 15, 2025, 09:06:44 PM »
I have up for sale a professionally rebuilt 4 speed toploader.
This is a close ratio Galaxie toploader, but could work in other applications and custom builds as well.
Big Input , big 31 spline output,  close ratio . C5AR main case , C6AR tail.
Professionally rebuilt by Anaheim Gear in Anaheim CA , (Randy Gillis last work place , im pretty sure he rebuilt this before his passing)
Original shifter assembly was completely taken apart , inspected , cleaned up and re assembled and re greased. No stick included.
Never mind the 1-2 lever being accidently upside down in these pics , I will filp it over before sale.

Besides Galaxie, this far forward shifter position may be perfect for a Thunderbolt , and other custom FE builds.

$3400.
located in southern California

Send me a private message, for questions or additonal pics 

14
Private Classifieds / Re: wtb input shaft
« on: January 10, 2024, 04:55:03 PM »
I believe that the input shaft gear tooth count on the wide ratio is different than the close ratio.

I believe all 1 3/8" input were close ratio,
................. unless it was custom built with an aftermarket wide ratio big shaft input and wide ratio gear set

15
Private Classifieds / Re: wtb input shaft
« on: December 26, 2023, 02:50:50 PM »
Did you ever source a big shaft input for your toploader?
I should have at least 1
let me know if I should dig it out and take some pics

Pages: [1] 2 3