FE Power Forums

FE Power Forums => Member Projects => Topic started by: AlanCasida on January 27, 2016, 10:12:53 AM

Title: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of. Update! :)
Post by: AlanCasida on January 27, 2016, 10:12:53 AM
After nearly 2 months after I sent my first message, with pictures(and 3 subsequent messages) asking if my 65 Mustang would be legal to run in the Super Street bb/na class with the rear 2x3 frame rails, albeit in the stock location, I finally got a response of sorts. All they did was ask me if I was going to be racing in DragWeek or DragWeekend. Good grief! So now I have had to reply that it is Dragweek and wait who knows how long to a response. You know they could have given me an answer for both scenerios and been done with it.  >:(  Maybe if I had told them I was going to run an LS motor I could have gotten a faster reply.  ::)
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of.
Post by: turbohunter on January 27, 2016, 12:21:13 PM
Good grief!
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of.
Post by: jayb on January 27, 2016, 12:36:57 PM
That sucks.  Hurry up and wait some more...
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of.
Post by: AlanCasida on January 27, 2016, 03:50:06 PM
Well believe it or not I got a reply back from them and they said I am good to go for Super Street BB/NA. They said the big limitation was struts. So, I guess I better get in gear. It is my hope to be FE powered this year!  ;D
 I will make sure I save that email and make a hard copy to take with me.

It will be tough to leave the Galaxie home, though.  I've had such a good time with it. If I have enough vacation I might take it on Rocky Mountain Race Week. It would be fun cruising it through the mountains.
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of. Update! :)
Post by: Nightmist66 on January 27, 2016, 07:38:03 PM
Good luck on the Mustang project Alan. Would love to see that come together for ya.

Btw, what motor do you have in the Galaxie?
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of. Update! :)
Post by: AlanCasida on January 27, 2016, 07:43:19 PM
Thanks, Jared. I have a 521, 385 series based motor, in the Galaxie.
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of. Update! :)
Post by: 57 lima bean on January 28, 2016, 09:34:25 AM
Thanks, Jared. I have a 521, 385 series based motor, in the Galaxie.
 



What is the C/R of this engine and did you race it on pump gas.
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of. Update! :)
Post by: AlanCasida on January 28, 2016, 09:56:21 AM
What is the C/R of this engine and did you race it on pump gas.
[/quote]


I believe the c/r is about 9.8:1 and I did just run pump gas in it.
Title: Re: Finally got an answer back from HotRod (Dragweek)...sort of. Update! :)
Post by: jayb on January 28, 2016, 10:36:59 AM
Great news on your Mustang, Alan, I'm looking forward to seeing the car at the event - Jay