FE Power Forums

FE Power Forums => Non-FE Discussion Forum => Topic started by: AlanCasida on October 04, 2026, 12:07:32 PM

Title: Bad road test for me and my Galaxie
Post by: AlanCasida on October 04, 2026, 12:07:32 PM
After spending over a month converting my Galaxie back to an automatic (Yeah, I know) and upgrading the rear suspension, I finally took it for a road test Friday afternoon only to have a tire come off shortly after I got on the highway. Fortunately, no one was hurt but my Galaxie got dinged up pretty good. I was trying to get it ready for Raceweek that starts today but delays in getting parts left me scrambling. Not to mention the transmission I was going to use had a cracked case and I had to rustle up a donor transmission (for the case) just a week ago. it's been one of those kinds of year for me this year.
Title: Re: Bad road test for me and my Galaxie
Post by: Stangman1 on October 04, 2026, 05:43:04 PM
Ouch, sorry hey it could have been worse. Did you have the wheels off recently nothing in your post has anything to do with the front.
Title: Re: Bad road test for me and my Galaxie
Post by: jayb on October 05, 2026, 10:39:33 AM
Wow Alan, what a bummer that is!  Sorry to see that big Gal on the side of the road.  Good luck getting it back together.  Persistence will pay off...