Author Topic: Latest rebuild....  (Read 2618 times)

paynedwp

• too many Galaxies ...so little time 62,62,63,64,66
    • View Profile
Latest rebuild....
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »
Well my latest build is a 1 owner (got the small 6" title)
1963.5 Gal fastback 390 ac car... built and delivered in Dallas Texas

Trying to figure out how to build it.
Originally I was going to really kinda go muscle but super low miles and all black (its my avatar)
Im now debating whether to keep it original (like my 62's, 65,66)

So if I do I tri-power the 390...... what is the real cost... Rebuild the motor (what to change out on a 63.5 motor...crank, rods etc etc to match the etc power/gas and the cost of the tri-power set up.

Is it worth the effort?

fe66comet

Re: Latest rebuild....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »
The question to ask is it worth it to you? Every improvement done the way you envision it make the car more enjoyable for you to drive. You can always save the old parts and return it back to it's original state. I sounds like you just want to add some non permanent goodies so if it feels right go with it I say......Jon

paynedwp

• too many Galaxies ...so little time 62,62,63,64,66
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
Wasn't trying to be indecisive its just that...well Im undecided
I have several all original fords. The next two to do are this 63.5 fastback and a 64 Snowbird (1 of 6 so it will also be original)

I always think of building a Ford muscle car from something that been wrecked, blown motor and not numbers matching etc... Once I don't go original.... then I start thinking suspension, brakes, crate etc.
Then I look at an unmolested car and it just seem wrong :) Thats why I was thinking tri... and maybe just disc brakes. ....

I'll start reading through the resources on the board Im sure there are engine builders etc (anyone in Dallas?) 

fe66comet

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
If you can find a good machine shop which should not be hard in a major city like Dallas. Barry over at Survival motor sport would be my first pick. He actually has a lot of stuff on sale right now.  He has everything from mild to insane. I would do a 445 stroker, you cannot tell the difference externally and it gives a big power boost. Also saves a buck by getting a pre-packaged deal rather than piece mealing it out ......Jon

http://survivalmotorsports.com

bn69stang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »
Nothing wrong with looking stock , and having hidden upgrades like disc brakes on all 4 corners and a 445 inch motor and ?  ?  . Talk to Barry about the motor . nice collection
69 mach 1 , 428 C J  Blue Oval Performance BBM heads -T@D rocker s- Blue thunder intake - Comp hydr roller - MSD ignition - FPA headers- Holley 850 hp double pumper - TKO 600 - 9 inch 3.89 Detroit Locker . ride tech coil over conversion - power rack @ pinoin steering - 13 inch drilled @ slotted 4 wheel disc brakes ..