Author Topic: look what followed me home  (Read 4037 times)

shady

• View Profile
look what followed me home
« on: September 09, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
I normally would'nt give this a second look but, I knew this car from new. one owner, 70k, 390 4 speed, bench seat, 350 rear. body is decent having never been out in the winter. the 390 was pulled to freshen gaskets back in 99 & never was put back together. I have it all. so what do I do with it? ebay it as is, put it together, get her running & then sell it? or keep it & make a sleeper? no power steering or brakes. It has just the right amount of shitty that everybody loves right now. It does have two too many doors for my liking, but somehow that factory 4 speed cancels that out. I need another project like a hole in the head, but somehow the deal just happened.  I was just so helpless to say no. Give me your thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:13:20 PM by shady »
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
Re: look what followed me home
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »
well..... do a need a 4 door 63 Galaxie?  (Personally I think everyone does)

If you want to flip it and try to make a lil extra money, I say go for it.  Or just drive the heck out of it, sell it "later"
If you don't want a project, don't make it one, just drive it as is (if you can).

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »
I would get 'er running and safe then see what you can get for it.  If you're not happy with the offers, keep it and enjoy... In any case I'd lose the  fender skirts! ;)  I really enjoy drivin' mine.

Bruce
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

BB-63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 12:21:09 AM »
+1 for getting it running first then go from there. The patina look is in so I'd just clean her up as best you can and drive her for a while. Enjoy!

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:18:47 AM »
4 door hardtops are rare. The no post adds to the look and I like them. I`m partial as I have a 63 Pontiac Catalina 4drhtp  that my grandfather bought brand new, with 23,000 on the odometer. Did you say its a 4 spd? If so Its a much rarer car. I`d keep it and run it.

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
I'd get her running, clean it up a bit, and drive it. If you don't like it you can always sell it. Worth more as a driver than a project anyway. Personally I never buy something with the intention to resell it. Then I'm worried about being to cheap to fix it right, sure takes the fun out of a project,  for me anyway.
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 11:01:49 AM »
Running cars are always worth more. Unless it needs a lotta $$$, I agree: getting it running, clean it up (no paint though) drive it and either sell or keep it.
Bob Maag

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 07:25:32 PM »
It looks identical to the one I had in high school. Mine was black with red primer showing through on the hood and roof. Had a Cruise-o-matic tranny and didn't have the fender skirts. I think your car has a combination of options that are uncommon. I think those fender skirts would look badass with smoke rolling out from under them.  8)
Kevin McCullah