Author Topic: Doug's D627 headers  (Read 3110 times)

fe66comet

Doug's D627 headers
« on: March 11, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
I started a thread a while back on the D627 pipes, the original design is actually from the T Bolt car in the 60s. I think even non Ford guys know a little about this story. The headers are direct copy's. I will look to see if I can locate the first thread as there was a lot of input from everyone, even some that were running them on their car. And some other interesting setups for mustangs as I recall. Lots of info there.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
Re: Doug's D627 headers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 05:19:21 AM »
I would be interested in seeing some pictures of those headers, as I am building a T bolt clone, Mine are going to be stainless and I already have flanges made for bolting sections of the pipes together. This is going to be an in chassie build and seeing the routing would be helpful.

jmlay

• View Profile
Mike

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »
John, what do you want to put those headers in? I bet it would be a tight fit in a 64 Fairlane compartment. I would be courious to know if they are copies of the T-Bolt header? My shock towers are cut already in anticipation of my 427 tunnel port.

fe66comet

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »
66 mercury comet with a 445 stick once I get a Tremac T56 to go in there LOL. Thing is I am gutting the car and modifying the complete chassis and steering, so I will have gobs of room. As faf as the towers go I am thinking of boxing around the headers but either way chop chop.