Author Topic: Wheel size ? for my 66  (Read 761 times)

daryl w66

• View Profile
Wheel size ? for my 66
« on: March 03, 2022, 11:32:19 AM »
Gonna order some new custom rims  for my 66 Fairlane. I put the crites rear spring relocation kit in. I have 15x10 with 6 in. backspacing on it now. So I know that part. I need to know about size for the 5 bolt pattern.I know I can tell them what car I have and they could look it up, but I want to know for myself. I want to order some craigers 5 spoke but with custom backspacing  needed for back I'm gonna have to see about who and where I can get the right size rear wheel. I live on the west coast of canada and all local tire shops are telling me good luck, especially about craigers, not much help.Thank-you.

1968galaxie

• View Profile
Re: Wheel size ? for my 66
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »
https://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/

Bolt pattern is 5 X 4.5"

daryl w66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 11:48:24 AM »
Thanks

Jb427

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 03:46:01 PM »
Have you thought of shortening the diff length? if you have already relocated the springs. i run 15x10 with a 3.75 in backspace if you shortened the diff to fit a 4.5 in backspace wheel the option of wheels you could fit is unlimited and off the shelf.

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
The Cragar custom shop will make you pretty much whatever back space and offset you want.

I have 15x12 Cragars with 3.5" backspace S/S wheels on the back of my Comet from the custom shop. You can even arrange your custom S/S wheels through Summit.

66FAIRLANE

• Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 07:54:33 PM »
Hi Jb427. Just had to re-read your projects thread to see if you had moved your springs. I note you have but only by 1.3". Would love to see pics of how that was done if you don't mind some time.

And a pic of yesterdays lunchtime beach swim outing. Just 'cause pics are good.

Jb427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 09:59:00 PM »
Hi Jb427. Just had to re-read your projects thread to see if you had moved your springs. I note you have but only by 1.3". Would love to see pics of how that was done if you don't mind some time.

And a pic of yesterdays lunchtime beach swim outing. Just 'cause pics are good.

id need to check lengths but what was done i move my springs around 35mm each side about half the frame rail it was then boxed. First time i had 5 in back space magnum 500's on and diff got cut as well then when i changed to 35 spline rear and changed wheels diff got shortened more i got some adjustable front coilover shocks due to turn up soon when i put them in i can get some pics and lengths of what i did.