Author Topic: FPP rockers on tunnelport  (Read 3408 times)

FAKEWCODE

• View Profile
FPP rockers on tunnelport
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
I am helping a friend replace a few broken FPP rockers on a tunnelport. Everything I have read on tunnelports suggest it uses standard FE rockers with no offset yet the current broken rockers appear to have a slight offset at the adjuster screw in rocker body on exhaust rockers only. My Erson rockers have the adjuster screw directly in center of ALL rockers as do the replacement rockers my friend bought some time ago. It appears to me that the rockers with the centered adjusters will NOT allow contact of the pushrod to the pushrod tube through the intake port and of course have plenty of room on exhausts and appaer to be fairly in line. I am not too familiar with tunnel ports and don't want to mess this up for him. Do tunnelports truly use standard FE rockers with no offset on both intake and exhaust? Any help is appreciated. The engine is in a super nice Contemporary Cobra replica with a Nash 5 speed behind it and I am dying to hear that tunnelport at full song.

Glenn N

• View Profile
Re: FPP rockers on tunnelport
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »
Far as I know the tunnelport used the std adjustable FE rockers. They also use a wider (1.10 width and same as medium riser) rocker stand vs the std FE's (.98-1.01 width). My TP build is still in pieces but a few mocks ups have shown no problems as far as rocker spacing vs valve tips and pushrod tubes. I just have Crane iron adj rockers, stock MR/TP cast iron rocker stands and Precision Oil Pumps rocker shafts. Rocker shaft oil hole relation to the rocker arms is ok too. Stock iron TP heads with ARP rocker studs. Nothing real fancy. What rocker stands are on there? And how did the rockers themselves go bad?

FAKEWCODE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
The stands appear to be FPP as well. He bought the car complete and it ran well until a rocker body broke at the shaft hole. The guy drives it as it should be driven spinning the motor fairly high.

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:15 AM »
Call Precision Oil Pumps,I think he made the FPP pieces.
Lance H

FAKEWCODE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »
I e-mailed Doug at Precision pumps and he took care of my questions. Thanks everyone.