Author Topic: Tunnel Port Intake Gasket/Head Gasket  (Read 4167 times)

Leny Mason

• View Profile
Re: Tunnel Port Intake Gasket/Head Gasket
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 08:12:56 AM »
Question for Brent. I was looking at the Cometic MLS Head Gaskets C5840-027. This has a compressed thickness .027 which is very close to the steel shim gasket(.020) that was installed.
Since I'm not sending the block out, what deck prep could I do to use the Cometics?

I doubt that there's anything you can do by yourself.  It's generally a machining process and even some of the older broach mill surfacers struggle with making the finish correct.

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
Just finished up a tooling project to make intake gaskets for my heads - now in stock.

Is there any interest in doing a tunnel port or high riser part out of a more modern material?
[/q
uote]
Barry what head gasket did you use on the blown Cammer you did, I bought copper gaskets with a thin seal around the water passages, they look kinda funky but maybe it will work. Thanks Leny Mason

MExpress

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 12:09:27 PM »
Barry, I would be interested in the tunnel port gaskets if you decide to make them.
I will be visiting you soon with those tunnel port heads. I'm a friend of Nick Zuk and I purchased the Midnight Express from him.
Trying to resurrect it after all these years :)
Dave

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 07:54:59 PM »
Ahh so you are the guy. I love that car. Was hoping it went to a good home and we will see it again before another 35 year hibernation!
Congrats on the cool purchase.

MExpress

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
Yes , Nick is a good friend and I plan to keep it as original as possible.
With luck I'll have it ready for next summer.
Thanks