Author Topic: Just a little note for the future regarding the scintillating world of gaskets  (Read 1644 times)

turbohunter

• View Profile
As most of you know my brother Ryan owns SCE gaskets.
I haven’t been able to say anything about it but now I can. And the reason I bring it up is because it will give us more parts to choose from. Ryan is an FE owner and his brother :) is pretty much all in on FEs.
The past two years has been about moving the company out of California to Tennessee and one other thing, SCE has merged 50/50 with Athena of Italy. They are a world wide supplier of gaskets of all kinds and a huge operation. The new company is Athena/SCE.
What this means to us is more of everything including MLS.
The deal is officially done and in a few months they will be breaking ground for a new building along with the already running plant in Tennessee.
Those of you that know me know I’ll never been one of those obnoxious cheerleader types but I’ll let you guys know when a new gasket or set comes available and I’ll be sending sets to you builders to check out and evaluate.
Good for us.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Will there be gaskets for other engine series?  Will you be able to encourage input for anything if someone had a specific need that in not currently being met by the aftermarket?  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

turbohunter

• View Profile
Please feel free to pm me with any ideas/needs/observations Mr. Craine and I’ll pass it along.
And yes this merger means that Ryan will have all the means he needs to better support all the platforms. I just bring up FEs as that’s what forum we are in.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

cjshaker

• View Profile
Congratulations to your brother for getting out of California. Probably the best move he could have made!
Sounds like good news for him, and probably the FE world. I'm always a bit leery of mergers, so I hope it works out well for him.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Sounds great Marc, tell Ryan congrats for me.  Looking forward to seeing the new products - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

turbohunter

• View Profile
Congratulations to your brother for getting out of California. Probably the best move he could have made!
Sounds like good news for him, and probably the FE world. I'm always a bit leery of mergers, so I hope it works out well for him.
That’s why I included the 50/50. It was a hell of a fight with their lawyers but they wanted what he had and he wanted what they have. It’s a good merger. So far ::)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428