FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2012

August 18, 2012 - The Road to Drag Week 2012

<< < (3/3)

machoneman:
Good!

cammerfe:
Jay, FWIW---

The 'looks' thing is very subjective. If you changed the engine, you'd be, potentially fouling-up the function of your car and that negates the very reason to go on 'Drag-Week'.

After you've proven the functionality of your car, you can always go back and get everything closer to your vision.

In other words, you're doing it right!!!

KS

cdmbill2:
Jay, as you know I faced this same issue last year with my dual TB tunnel ram setup and I wanted to stay in the Ford family and era scoop wise but I'd given up on a purely 71 429 CJ hood modified to fit. This link (i couldn't copy the picture) shows where I am as of last weekend. I expect to get paint on the two tone primer next week.The combination is a race weight Unlimited Products pin on 71-73 Mach 1 style hood with a 5" tall scaled up Boss 429 scoop. The air cleaner pan I made for the intake is just high enough to clear the linkage and the filter is a 16x3.5" round which i squeeze into an oval.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9158786@N08/7833802128/in/set-72157631182270788/

cdmbill2:
Jay, the other reason I went with Accufab throttle bodies is because they are a full inch shorter than most of the others out there.

jayb:
That's a good looking setup Bill, and I like your scoop solution.  I wish I had known that Accufab throttle bodies were that much shorter; that would have helped me out a great deal on my setup.  I'm using Wilson throttle bodies, and they are pretty tall...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version