Author Topic: An interesting offer: put a 428 in an '88 Corvette.  (Read 6006 times)

plovett

Re: An interesting offer: put a 428 in an '88 Corvette.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 07:09:44 PM »
I vote no.  Unless that that is REALLY what you want.  I wouldn't do it just to do it.  I'd rather have an FE in a Ford or a Mercury.   

Just my opinion,

paulie

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 09:40:34 PM »
Let me adjust my comment, if you took the time and money to make the old Ford do everything a computer controlled 88 EFI engine does and maintained the full function of everything in the car to include the dash, ECM, A/C, etc, you'd be building something cool IMHO  Valuable, probably not, but cool

However, slapping a carbed FE in an 88 shell would only be cool for a drag car, and then only if it ran hard

I don't know the market for a 88 Vette, but a little tweaking on a 383 or 406 with modern heads, it'd be a runner for cheap
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

57 lima bean

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 10:29:48 PM »
I'm sure Glendora will find a place in Stock Eliminator for the combo.

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »
I'm sure Glendora will find a place in Stock Eliminator for the combo.
ROFLMAO!!! ;D ;D ;D

bsprowl

• View Profile
    • Ford FE Information
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2019, 04:42:18 PM »
Sorry about the lack of response on my part.  My internet service dropped out on Tuesday morning and they promised a technician on Friday.  They never showed up and claimed I didn't report a problem but would have someone here by next Tuesday.  I used to get next day service.  I now have cable Spectrum after being with Windstream for 15 years.

My new email address is rvsprowl at geemail dot com.  Actually, it's gmail.  I will send email to many people with this update.  The change to gmail was going to happen anyway as I am moving from North Carolina to Alabama as soon as I can sell my house.

I agree with most of you about there being no resale market for a Vet with and FE, that it will have to run hard or it will be an embarrassment, and do I really want a GM product in my shop, etc.  I am planning on a strong engine built by Blair Patrick for drag truck.  I think I could put something together to get the Vet sorted out and then switch the engine - I think the aerodynamics of the Vet would be a better permanent home for that motor. 

No decision at this point.  Thanks for the input.