Author Topic: Followup to Blair Patrick  (Read 2646 times)

dubsan

Followup to Blair Patrick
« on: May 19, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »

To Blair Patrick
(Jay I hope I'm in the correct forum)
Funny what you see on rereading certain  journals but I went back to Jays book where he evaluated carbs over several different mule mills. Wasn't looking for carb performance first couple times  through the book. Guess whose 4 barrels, among other hardware presented,  were  at the peak of the hp/tque curves.  Yet I rarely see Blair trumpeting his  wares except  when  some engines bottom lines  HP/torque figures are hilighted. 
Blair I tried to reply on the Fe Forum  but it appears to be  in sickbay at the moment.
Have a 427 Snake, 65 side oiler,comp roller cam,11.5 compression edel alum heads well ported and port matched with performer rpm intake, toploader trans,3:77 axle,800-15 goodyears,2600 lbs with driver.  Am looking for a carb that can be very responsive on the track but not  completely disfunctional when I need to cross town. (Town driving usually in brief traffic to and from the 2.7 mile road race track, not the drag strip)  Be advised  I'm at 5600 ft  sea level (Colorado)  so might to jet it down a scooch. No I have not put the mill on a dino  to see what it flows. I do need a unit with centerfloats or comparable system that don't dry out on hard corners.
You mentioned that you do  sell your carbs. Can we talk?
Pls email me your cell/phone.  I'm at  ltduba@hotmail.com or (720)839-3477. 

Mucho Gracias!!!!   
Larry       

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Followup to Blair Patrick
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
Hey Larry, I talked to Blair tonight and asked him if he had gotten in touch with you.  He said that he had tried your email address but that the message had bounced back.  He is really busy at the moment but said he will try to give you a call sometime this week.  He also said you could call him at 423-837-1514.  He has a carb that he thinks might work well with your combination...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

dubsan

Re: Followup to Blair Patrick
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:10 PM »
Hi Jay and Blair
Many thanks.  This is arguably the busiest time of year for engine builders.  Everyone  but everyone wants to get their  car out on the strip like Yesterday!!!!!  I  am not in a rush  with this  event.
Best regards
Larry