Author Topic: Quality fuel pressure gauge  (Read 3142 times)

427Fastback

• View Profile
Re: Quality fuel pressure gauge
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 10:31:56 PM »
Nightmist....we are talking about the little 1 1/4 round 1/8npt gauge that screws into your fuel line or regulator..Not your std 2 1/8 or 2 5/8 std gauge..It doesn't help that I have the gauge mounted to the engine...I have a street car..If the brand new pump fails the car will quit...If I have too much pressure the carb will flood..If I have to I will put the other Holley pump on.But a fuel gauge leaking gas on my engine is more of a risk than no gauge at all....JMO.
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 12:57:29 PM »
I understand that you were reffering to the gauge on the fuel log. That is why I recommened with my opinion to mount a different gauge in the car, or where it is visible from in the car. The only thing a log mounted gauge is good for is setting static pressure. It won't tell you if the pressure is creeping or going low due to some issue. It makes it easier to troubleshoot. I understand if the pump quits it will die. Been there. Knew it was fuel related because it sputtered before it killed. Ignition is smooth. Just checked the gauge to verify. Sorry for rambling on another thread.
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 03:40:25 PM »
>Nightmist....we are talking about the little 1 1/4 round 1/8npt gauge that screws into your fuel line or regulator.

Those - all of them - are absolute junk.  Tap into that hole with a #4 fitting and run a line to a real 2 3/8" Autometer gauge.  Nothing less.  The TV weatherperson is more accurate than any of the low cost bitty fuel pressure gauges.  If you are bucks up, you can use a Autometer sender to run an electric gauge in the cabin.  That's what I use on the dragster.