Author Topic: In car video  (Read 10316 times)

Lenz

• View Profile
Re: In car video
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »
I didn't know about the Charger Dart, but do you think there was anyone up in design looking over the final proposal who said something like- "It just needs a few more badges and stainless stuff"?  Pretty decked out, guess they wanted to separate it from the Dart (except for the big chrome letters on the flank??).  Maybe the Charger badging was a shout out to the drivetrain package, that seems most likely... ???   Anyway, I'm glad they separated the two.  Had a friend back in high school with a '69 340 GTS 4 speed Dart, that thing would fly.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

FElony

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 02:29:12 PM »
I didn't know about the Charger Dart, but do you think there was anyone up in design looking over the final proposal who said something like- "It just needs a few more badges and stainless stuff"?  Pretty decked out, guess they wanted to separate it from the Dart (except for the big chrome letters on the flank??).  Maybe the Charger badging was a shout out to the drivetrain package, that seems most likely... ???   Anyway, I'm glad they separated the two.  Had a friend back in high school with a '69 340 GTS 4 speed Dart, that thing would fly.

I'm thinking maybe Mopar wanted to test the Charger name on the public or something along those lines. Now, would I have known of the '65 Charger if my friend hadn't had one? Prolly not. Oh my goodness gracious, did I just say "prolly"? What a heathen. Somebody beat me with a torsion bar. Um, thank you sir may I have another?

I'm kinda remembering that my friend bought Clockwork as a roller. The body, paint, interior, roll cage already there, IIRC. He had a pretty tough 360 built by Bob Lambeck, which I thought kinda odd, considering he was still friends with fellow classmate Bill Pink, Ed Pink's son. Maybe Ed didn't fool with small blocks, I dunno. We got caught in the rain one afternoon in that car. Gave a whole new meaning to hydroplaning.

Hemi Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 08:15:45 PM »
So it's just the sending unit?
   Yes.I'm sorry I didn't split the block to make your efforts more meaningful. ;)

;D   No good deed goes unpunished! >:(

57 lima bean

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
I've only known Jeff for a 1000 day's.You got the good TM H.J.