Author Topic: Pressure plate bolts - size question  (Read 1674 times)

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Pressure plate bolts - size question
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
I have a McLeod steel flywheel and ordered a McLeod Super Street Pro clutch to replace the no-name Chinese part that was on the truck previously.  There are two sizes of mounting holes on the flywheel, and the new pressure plate aligns to the larger holes, not the ones I was using to mount the old clutch. The ARP 5/16 inch bolts I have won't work and I'm having a hard time finding the correct part to order for the larger hole, and McLeod is closed today.

Anyone know? I also note that the flywheel has no holes for positioning dowels and neither the clutch or flywheel came with dowels. I am right in assuming they are not used in this application?
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Re: Pressure plate bolts - size question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:59:21 PM »
Found some Chevy sized ones that fit - just need to grind them a little. Would have been nice if McLeod provided a part given the 5/16 ford bolts won't work.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.