FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2014

577 SOHC Post Mortem

<< < (21/21)

jayb:
That is interesting, Howie, but its hard to tie my failures and your observations together.  We will see what I find when I tear down this year's engine...

falcongeorge:

--- Quote from: TomP on September 22, 2014, 05:11:21 PM ---Uh, Jon... Jay's engine was using the good parts. Nobody runs aluminum rods for the purpose Jay was. Not only would they not likely fit with that stroke but on a 1200 mile street drive you might be leaving some along the road or at one of the tracks. Same deal with a billet block without water jackets, you'd have problems. Even Larry Larson's 3000hp ProLine engine was using a cast block.
http://www.brodix.com/blocks-list/5-0-aluminum-blocks

--- End quote ---
@TomP FWIW, I ran BME's in an 800 hp street/strip brand x motor and was VERY happy with them. For one thing, they are much easier on the rest of the bottom end, and cured issues I was having with cap fretting. Tom, you probably saw the car in question make many passes, and it was always driven home from the track, unlike virtually every one of the "street cars" ::)  it was competing against. Probably shouldnt even post this, and Ill ignore all the "you don't know what you are talking about, it says on the internet you cant do that" that will surely follow this post. Tom, next time we meet face to face, feel free to ask me about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version