Author Topic: FElony Can Call It  (Read 2955 times)

FElony

Re: FElony Can Call It
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 07:02:56 PM »
Cool.... I’ll let my cousin John and his family know it isn’t a big deal. Just a conspiracy.

So you're saying that because the virus is real (which I say, too) that ALL reporting is factual and that nobody in our esteemed system has an agenda in skewing numbers to create panic, and withholding details about the deceased for the same reason. Wow, it's great to know I live in such an ethical and forthright nation.  ::)

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »
Nope.... just wondering if I should sing your corona virus song to his family....
He died yesterday morning btw.

FElony

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 07:16:45 PM »

Different vid, from yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdK77bhAwO0

I didn't see anything about ventilators in that clip,

Did you not watch past 5:25?

but the information about the projections vs. the actual numbers was interesting nonetheless.  However, the original projections for the spread of the virus did not include a factor for the effect of social distancing.  This changes the R0 factor (the number of people the average infected person will spread it to), and slows the spread of the virus.  So, the news report did not provide the full story.  Typical.

Does your wife know more than the information that is coming out? If so, I'd like to hear her factual rebuttal, as well as how she would know about what's happening behind the scenes than anyone else. Regardless, care should be exercised. Nobody is saying that COVID doesn't exist. From the MSM paints the disposition of DB's, my money is on the majority of them being homeless and immune compromised.

Of course she knows more.  She sees it first hand for one thing, talks to her doctor colleagues about it for another, has a daily meeting with her hospital staff to discuss issues related to PPEs, ventilators, etc, and also a conference call with the state department of health a couple times a week.  Do you seriously think all that info makes it on the news?  Of course not.  How many doctors are you talking to?  Are you getting your information anywhere but the news and the internet?  And if so, are you considering everything you see as factual and unbiased???  You of all people should know that the news organizations are slanted, just like everybody else.  Ratings.  Follow the money.  Goes for Fox and all the major networks, as well, not to mention all the alarmist and conspiracy theory web sites out there.

My wife says that the epidemiologists at her hospital think Covid19 is being way under reported, not over reported, mostly because testing has been very limited.  Here is some factual information for you.  In Minnesota if you show symptoms, you will only be tested if 1) you are living in group home, like a retirement home, or 2) if you are a health care worker or a family member of a health care worker, or 3) if you are in for non-elective surgery or are a pregnant woman coming in to give birth, or 4) if you are sick enough to be admitted to the hospital.   If someone comes into her hospital today with flu-like symptoms, they do not get a Covid19 test unless they are sick enough to be admitted.  The reason is that if it's a mild case, the doctors can't do anything anyway, and the testing itself is still bottlenecked, at least here. 

Here is another interesting piece of factual information.  The tests that are out there are 1) NOT all the same test, and 2) of varying degrees of accuracy.  My wife's hospital has developed their own testing protocol, which they say is 90% accurate for detecting presence of the virus.  Most other hospitals in our state use the state's department of health test, which has been shown to be only 60% accurate.  So a significant number of people who test negative may have the virus anyway.

My wife has had several patients that she has wanted to test for the virus, but they don't meet criteria to allow for the test.  Here's an example:  about a month ago a kid came into her hospital in respiratory distress.  He and his father had just come from Hong Kong, and the father was beginning to show symptoms.  At the time, testing for the virus was limited by the CDC to people who had recently been in or around Wuhan China, so this kid didn't qualify despite being in the Hong Kong airport for several hours (where flights from Wuhan had been arriving), and having to be admitted to the hospital for a couple days.  My wife went to the extreme of contacting the CDC for permission to run the test, but was turned down.  She's pretty sure that both of those people had it.  To this day there are restrictions on who gets tested, as mentioned previously.

Here's another example, say somebody dies at home, which still happens a lot.  Dead people are not tested for the virus, so deaths are classified as natural causes or from pre-existing conditions.  Some of them are, obviously, but many of them may not be. 

One piece of good news, again according to my wife, is that the death rate from the virus is probably artificially high, because of the limited testing.  So if four times as many people have it as have tested positive, that means the death rate is four times lower than is currently being reported.  But there are still a lot of deaths from this stuff.  Refrigerated semis parked in hospital parking lots and filled with dead bodies, like what you see in New York, are not normal for our health care system, and indicate an uptick in the death rate.

This situation is just like any other major event, not as bad as the alarmists would have us believe, but more serious than the conspiracy theorists want to think.  Everyone has their own opinion; mine is, why take chances?

Ya know, darn near everything you said coincides with the articles I pointed out and what I've been saying. I think you and a couple others have it stuck in your heads that I don't believe Covid is real. I've already said that is not the case, but that the reporting system is flawed, and there is an agenda. Relax and reread. And again, consider that the refer trucks are there because many of the deceased are homeless with nobody to make alternative arrangements. Think, sir. If family or friend of yours were to die in an NYC environment, wouldn't you go all out to keep them from being unceremoniously heaved into a truck headed for Potters Field? You bet you would. Peace.

FElony

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »
Nope.... just wondering if I should sing your corona virus song to his family....

So you tried to set me up with that. How noble of you. If you are expecting an apology, forget it. As I mentioned to Jay, SOME people here think I am not admitting that the Covid exists. You appear to be one of them, so you need to work on your comprehension skills.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »
I do not concern myself with your views on nobility.

FElony

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »
I do not concern myself with your views on nobility.

Then concern yourself with an accurate recount of John's situation. How do you know for sure it was Covid and nothing else? What underlying conditions? Were you (or another family member) able to make proper burial arrangements, or was he flipped into a refer? NYC, right? Ethnic DNA (optional)? Etc.

Look, I'm aware you don't like me. Thousands don't over the years. Hundreds do. Unlike many, I don't hamstring my thoughts to stay in peoples' warm'n'fuzzy zone. Call me anything you want; I would agree to it. I am sorry for those affected by the loss. But I am what I am, and I call it when I see it. Peace.

FElony

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 08:13:56 PM »
OK, so Jay doesn't think I know how to do homework. Some will recall me mentioning the virus' attraction to ACE2 receptors, particularly present in the lungs of Asian people. You know how the Italy specs have been sensationalized? Sure you do. A month ago I started digging. The apparent center of the Italo-Covid was in the North, in the Florence area. This spot is responsible for the majority of fabric (textile) production from the country. Many years ago Italy "imported" thousands of Han Chinese to work the industry. They work cheap and live 20 to an apartment.

The number of these people has grown to who-only-knows these days. Pics and videos show that they live in typical third-world squalor, much as they would in mainland China. Dirty, unhealthy, environment. When the outbreak there began, the MSM was careful not to mention ethnicity of the afflicted. However, you had to look closely. My tipoff was a pic of somebody being removed from a house with a full sheet over them, but the persons on either end of the gurney were most obviously Asian, not Italian. Subsequent shots here and there hinted at an Asian situation. Never did you see names or pictures in the media. They were just "Italians". One actual older Italian guy "with underlying conditions" died, and his picture was immediately shown.

Hmmm. The overwhelming majority of Italian deaths were ethnic Chinese, but everyone was led to believe otherwise. Why? Fear of being called racist? Not wanting the non-Asians to think they were immune, and thusly would ignore quarantine orders? Both?

Despite the criticism against FElony here, I still smell rats. Many of them. More than the rat population of Los Angeles? Well, maybe not that many.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 08:51:23 PM »

So you tried to set me up with that. How noble of you. If you are expecting an apology, forget it. As I mentioned to Jay, SOME people here think I am not admitting that the Covid exists. You appear to be one of them, so you need to work on your comprehension skills.

A little bit of sympathy on your part would have been nice, especially since the rules of the forum require a civil tone.  Yours isn't civil, just self-righteous.  We are done with this thread.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC