Author Topic: 1966 galaxie suspension  (Read 2307 times)

Katz427

• View Profile
1966 galaxie suspension
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
Thought I would ask the people here how they have handled the suspension on their galaxies. I am interested in what mods you did that improved handling and feel. As I found with my 67 ranchero, todays tires like a different geometry to get the full benefit. Anyone use pieces from Hochkis on their Galaxie? I know back years ago racing these cars we used h/m parts that allowed for more change in the geometry of the suspension. But oval track is a bit different than street. The car will be powered by a 482 tunnel port and a toploader. I thought some other people's experience with these cars would be helpful. Thank you

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Re: 1966 galaxie suspension
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:23 PM »
I have AddCo front and rear sway bars on my 66 Galaxie. When I pit them on they were the only game in town for Galaxies. It flatten it out a lot in the corners. I have since added adjustable rear upper/lower control arms and an adjustable track bar from Spohn performance. I did this mainly to center my rear tires in the wheelwells for my slicks and to aid in adjusting the pinion angle. I am running a 521BBF(not FE) and a C6. I have ran consistant 11.70s-80s during Dragweek last year.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:07:16 PM »
Thank you Alan that is the kind of feedback I am looking for. To run those times your car must be planting itself fairly well. I never drove one of these cars with a whole lot of power as the one I had a 289. I have been wondering what I should do for this car with a much larger more powerful engine.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:17 PM »
Bob Maag

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »
^^^ bought all these same parts/pieces for our '65 Galaxie project. I did some hunting around and general consensus landed me with the Spohn stuff. Ours is the same idea, 505 Tunnelport FE. Still about a year or two from completion.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com