Author Topic: Dang it! Broken Connecting Rod  (Read 11864 times)

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Re: Dang it! Broken Connecting Rod
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
Thanks Phil!  Cool info  :)

I'm a product developer and have done some medical stuff for clients.  (One memorable project was a cardiovascular stent delivery system.  I also developed a one-shot plastic torque wrench that could be autoclaved, for torquing the tips onto ultrasonic scalpels.) 

The technology we have available today is astonishing!  Yet despite the coolness, I bet there's still a lot of god ole' fashioned art and muscle in your line of work.

With my history I'm a big fan of your profession  ;D

- Bill

Edit:  "Your bone, I'm guessing, could handle a pretty firm hand."  That's good!   Here's the first thing out of the mouth of one of Tracy's friends, upon hearing the news:  "Oh my God!  Can you guys still get it on???"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:02:00 PM by WConley »
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 02:27:45 PM »
I just sat here for several minutes while a variety of rejoinders to the question about, "Can you guys..." ran through my head. Then I just said, "Nah, not going there!"

Get Well Soon!!!

KS

WConley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
Thanks Ken!

As far as "going there", it hurts to even sneeze right now.    All in good time...

FOMOGO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you make a full recovery. I just got back to Steamboat today from Puerto Rico where we have been spending the winter for the last ten years (haven't skied at all during that time) and was thinking about going skiing in the next few days as the mountain is open until the 15th, but after hearing your tale I think I'll work on my truck :) Mike

WConley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
Update at eight weeks post-surgery.

I'm walking around pretty well now without crutches, and the thigh muscle mass is coming back.  There is still some nagging pain from a bone fragment that is taking its time knitting:  (X-Ray taken last week)

Yeah I know...  My mom already called me out on the "My Little Nemesis" thing.  Flame away!  ;)

It's slowly deciding to find a home, so the pain is receding.  I can finally sleep normally in a bed.  (Don't know if the wife likes that or not  ::))

Thanks for the good wishes!  The doc thinks I'm out of the woods and should make a full and complete recovery.  Can't wait to get back to normal activity.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »
Glad to hear you are on the mend, Bill.  And the snow is gone now  ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
I didn't have a clue a fractured hip bone flowed blood to the hip joint, low flow damages the hip joint etc... So is it a Side-Oiler or Center-Oiler?.... Joking aside I'm glad you pointed out the need to be checked out I leaned something

WConley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »
It's a side-oiler  ;D 

Here's an image I found of the little oil galleries feeding the hip.  If these get messed up, your rod bearings will get down to the copper in no time!

So far, so good with me.  Slow and steady wins the race.