Author Topic: Fuel regulator  (Read 896 times)

RicMc

• View Profile
Fuel regulator
« on: July 27, 2021, 07:05:31 AM »
Has anyone ran across the same issue as I have with the Holley 803 regulator reading different pressure out of the two Ports?
I am feeding two Holley 450 cfm  on a crossram intake and have a gauge on each outlet. When I adjust the pressure to 4.5
the other gauge reads 6 lbs. I have switched the gauges and replaced the regulator but they still read 1.5 lbs different.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: Fuel regulator
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 01:35:58 PM »
So the reading DOESN'T follow the gauge.  Or does it?  If it does, then likely the accuracy of the gauge is not up to par. 

Are they liquid filled?  If one gets more heat then the other, it will affect the reading.  Proven fact.  I use to chase a constantly changing pressure when I had my cowl mounted pressure gauge.  Not until I drained the fluid did it finally stay the same.  Heat builds inside the gauge and alters the pressure on the pressure vessel that actuates the needle.

The two outlets should have no variance since it should be basically one open galley above the needle/seat.
Larry

RicMc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 06:16:11 AM »
Thanks Larry for your info. I have switched the Fragola brand non liquid gauges to each side of the regulator and it doesn't change, the longer line reads higher.
I think I'll just plug one side of the regulator and "Y" the other side. Thank again.
Buy the way are you going the the FE reunion this year?

BigBlueIron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 10:07:27 AM »
If you are using liquid filled gauges remember they have to be vented to work correctly. Usually a rubber plug on the outer case that has to have a hole poked in it.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 12:13:06 PM »
Thanks Larry for your info. I have switched the Fragola brand non liquid gauges to each side of the regulator and it doesn't change, the longer line reads higher.
I think I'll just plug one side of the regulator and "Y" the other side. Thank again.
Buy the way are you going the the FE reunion this year?

Unfortunately, like last year, I have a points stick race on that Saturday so I'll be around home for that.

I always hated the cold, miserable April date but now they picked the ONE weekend I have a stick race?  Go figure.
Larry