Author Topic: Wolf?  (Read 3158 times)

67428GT500

• View Profile
Re: Wolf?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 08:23:33 PM »
I know seasonally speaking bears are uncommon. However, I had a cabin in Big Bear CA. and at times you'd see bear out when they should have been in hibernation.   Perhaps the Bear was up for a mid-slumber snack? 
Anyway, be careful out there and don't leave any food scraps in the trash close to the house.

-Keith

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 12:17:14 AM »
Hard to tell from the pictures but "normally" dogs and bears will leave claw type marks since they have fixed nails. Cats will normally just leave pad marks.
I would say small bear or wolf. Wolfs tend to gallop/trot if covering distance, bears normally don't run unless chasing preyd or scared....Again, cold for a bear but that does not always mean they won't get out...maybe it's internal clock or temp gauge is wrong.....my money is on a wolf though.

It had troted across the river until it came close to this shore down from a house then it "accelerated" and turned away from the house Galopping down the river and in to the busches. This house have a dog cage with a pack of hunting dogs that maybe detected it and started barking scaring it away

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 12:33:42 AM »
I'm no hunter or any expert of animal traces.
Upper picture maybe lower impossible say I would need more perspective.
I have seen wolf traces once couple years back (those that I'm sure)
Spring time I get fooled by the sun it melts animal traces and they seem bigger what they were.Doesnt seem to be the case here.

I guess you have a lot more wolfs where you live then we got. I never sen a wolf, two more times i have seen what i suspect to be tracks
I remember in the 80-90s there was in the news  about a Finnish guy along the Russian border that stumbled on a wolf going through his trash can early one morning. The wolf attacked him biting his arm he bite back in  the front leg of the wolf till he felt the bones cracking and the wolf let go of him and run away on three legs.

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 01:34:01 AM »
I went to town a couple of miles up the river yesterday. The lady owning
the clothes store the wife went to, thought she saw a wolf the night before
down by the river on the outskirts of town. She thought it was a runaway dog
so she stoped the car trying to call it in. But as soon as she opened the door it
took of.  Then she saw it in the head lights, how big it was, and the loong legs
so she thought it was a wolf. so who knows

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 08:24:04 PM »
was she the one that was calling her cat into the house , and it was a raccoon .  one of those eye glass commercials .