Author Topic: Another funeral  (Read 2056 times)

428 GALAXIE

• View Profile
Re: Another funeral
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 10:59:14 AM »
Sorry for your loss Heo.
Damn cancer.
Mom had breast cancer diagnose last fall,she will be okay.
Dad's been on and  of cancer last ten years,now on his last legs probably won't see next summer.
Mikko

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »
Thats the bad thing about growing old. My grandma who was 101 at the time said the worst part of growing old was watching all your friends and children die.
There is only 1 friend from my teens still alive and only 3 left that I served with in Viet Nam.
Lost way more family to cancer then any other cause a real downer.
Greg

oldiron.fe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 03:27:14 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                        not any fun to loose old fe guys or people close to you- a note of local fe skill to me Ernie Tuff you can google him many stories out about him made it to 92yrs!  FOR OLD fe people NASCAR had a modified class in the 60s untill it was as popular as late models the big three did not like much and was dropped  around 67/68 --- the car Ernie took to DAYTONA was 1961 FORD STARLINER holds the track RECORD around 165/166 mph!! in 66/67!! -- southern boys bitched so much --FIREBALL ROBERTS was one of his drivers - the car is in perfect origional shape -- the car was 4/5 mph faster than closest racer G.M. FRANCE made ernie carry extra 400 pounds!! to let in the race-- the steel weights are still in the trunk-- up to a few years ago Ernie would bring the car to a local cruise in root beer stand and lite  right up always sounded good---old man Johnson wanted a lap head start on th car DAYTONA RECORD HOLDER 1961 STARLINER!!--oldiron will hit every close 1/4 track I can this summer - same next year if here- at big 80!
66' Fairlanes 427 (08/26/67- present)
66/67' Fairlanes
70' Mustang Fastback
66' Dually

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 09:05:17 PM »
I guess I’ll chime in.
Mom fell two years ago and is paralyzed from the waist down and has had multiple surgeries.
Dad has had 3 back surgeries 12 vertebrae in his back and 5 in his neck in the past year.
My wife has had 4 surgeries in 4 years one was life saving.
Silver lining is I still have them all.
I have gone to 3 funerals for friends I grew up with that their parents died in the past 6 months.
I guess the older we get the people around us the ones we looked up to all start to go.
Sorry for everyone’s loss.
Doug I hope your feeling better.