Author Topic: air cleaner size?  (Read 7179 times)

fe66comet

Re: air cleaner size?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
Was gonna do predators but size selection and linkage were going to be harder to work out. In the future I may convert the intake to port injection and run two throttle body's but getting the car in one piece is first priority.

fe66comet

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »
Cool I can get a 1 inch spacer with a 1 inc drop base and 4 inch filter all under there, I come out to 11 inches total with a flat lid. Thanks Howie (-:

fe66comet

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
After further calculations I  miscalculated. I would.still be about two inches over. If I remove the spacer it will go but I wonder at what cost?

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
into the confines of the underhood and around carb. Obviously you want to minimize sharp edges/steps and lean toward base-ball and larger curves. Get a look at the used NASCAR air filter housings on ebay for how to do it right. They even use fins in the middle of passages to stabilize the flow.  Any filter will have restriction and alter the stability of the airstream, just that a large filter will have less effect on flow. The more media the lower the velocity through any given area of that filter. The lower the velocity the better the filters ability to capture and hold contamination as well as the longer it will go w/o increase in delta-P.

fe66comet

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 02:55:17 PM »
I settled on a 14 / 20 / 4 oval with a 1 inch drop base air cleaner. Waiting on K&N to shoot me a quote on the  element. Got some pics in my project file of the progress and got some of the welding done but got too cold to continue due the helmet fogging up LOL.