Author Topic: Evans waterless coolant in FE.  (Read 3616 times)

hrtatk1

• View Profile
Evans waterless coolant in FE.
« on: July 19, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had tried Evans Waterless coolant (NPG+C) in an FE, specifically an all aluminum FE and the results. How much did it raise operating temp over ethelene glycol water mix? Would you use it again? Did you run normal pressurized system? Is the NPG+C the formula you would use or would you recommend a different formulation?

http://www.evanscoolants.com/evans_waterless_engine_coolants.html

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=381298601912

Thanks, josh

BigBlockFE

• View Profile
Re: Evans waterless coolant in FE.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:22 PM »
What do you guys use that compete in the engine masters challenge, are there rules on what coolant you can use...

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »
Ok, I'll bite.

I had a .040 428 in my T-bird for a long time. I couldn't  get that thing to cool no matter pulley ratios, timing, a/f mixtures, aluminum radiators, fans, nothing. It'd get hot, stall, boil over, stink hot, ping like crazy, and run ever hotter when driven or idling.

In desperation I used the Evans system, the water pump, waterless coolant, and a 7 pound radiator cap.

What I found was that the Evans stuff does NOT make it run cooler. Can't say it made it run hotter either. BUT the engine didn't seem to care. Got rid of the stinky-pingy-stally-boily characteristics that made the car NOT fun to drive. So I drove it...although I didn't like what the temp gauge said. I never hurt the engine, but I did eventually pull it out for a milder one.

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 01:35:07 PM »
Way cool T-Bird! :D Looks like the Mickey cross ram.
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

Ted

• View Profile
    • Eaton Balancing
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 01:36:28 PM »
What do you guys use that compete in the engine masters challenge, are there rules on what coolant you can use...
The dyno's at the EMC (UNOH) use straight water.   My own dyno is not a captured system for the coolant and simply refreshes the coolant tank with fresh water as the coolant reaches the dyno's thermostatic temperature.   Ted Eaton.

BigBlockFE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »
water is the best if you don't have to worry about corrosion and freezing temps in some parts of country...water only at the race tracks...

Ford428CJ

• FE FREAK!
    • View Profile
    • Hillside Auto
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:58 AM »
This is what I use in my cooling systems... From Diesels to FE's LOL good stuff. JMHO
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wix-24056
Wes Adams FORD428CJ 
Hillside Auto- Custom Curved, Blueprinted Distributors
03 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.0 and 35's
64 Falcon 428FE
55 FORD Truck 4-link Rides on air with 428FE