Author Topic: The new heads and intakes endeavors  (Read 4281 times)

fastf67

• View Profile
The new heads and intakes endeavors
« on: December 13, 2018, 05:54:32 AM »
With all the Fe masters working there tails off, (no pun jay) does anyone know what happen to any computer programs and or mold pieces from Jim Doves endeavors? The med, Cj, hi-riser and tunnel port heads? All the 1x4s, 2x4s with different plenums and the tunnel ram intakes? The valvetrains? Seems like it sure would help out in giving people a start in development on these things and we would have more parts to select from. I understand that there was some  issues but a baseline was there to build on. PSE is gone but Fe fans got the adapter manifold, timing cover, ect. back thanks to the dedicated people here. I'm 56 years old and a machinist. A aluminum tunnel port head w/heart shape combustion and proper exhaust floors would be a nice piece to have, but finding out even a unusable junk head people want a fortune for just to spec it out for programming. Sorry for rambling but anyone know where to get a head start with something previously in the works?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: The new heads and intakes endeavors
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »
As I understand it, Jim Dove's son got all the casting tooling when the shop closed up.  Apparently he is planning on making more parts from that tooling at some point.  We will have to wait and see...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:35:28 AM »
A aluminum tunnel port head w/heart shape combustion and proper exhaust floors would be a nice piece to have

There was a guy from the New Jersey area I believe that posted up somewhere a while back that he was in the process of having some cast. They were basically going to be replica tunnelport heads but have modern heart shaped combustion chambers. Not sure where that ever went or if anyone on here knows the guy?
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

70tp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »
A aluminum tunnel port head w/heart shape combustion and proper exhaust floors would be a nice piece to have

There was a guy from the New Jersey area I believe that posted up somewhere a while back that he was in the process of having some cast. They were basically going to be replica tunnelport heads but have modern heart shaped combustion chambers. Not sure where that ever went or if anyone on here knows the guy?

I wish someone would cast up some nice new tp heads, I'm game for a set, but the new 460 heads are making it hard to stay true to the fe

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:38 PM »
A set of blue thunder high rises would be my second choice.  First choice being the new FE power heads. Course a set of modern chamber TP's would be quite awesome. 
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
If the tunnel port heads were repopped , I don't know about NJ. There was a guy I emailed probably 2 years ago now,( but I thought he was in Colorado, maybe Oregon?)
Anyways, I got a message that the project was abandoned, due to the cost, and he had not received much interest. The total cost would have put the heads at a pretty dear price, which was in his words "prohibitive". I think Jay has the more reasonable solution in his hi-port design.

Pentroof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 02:40:12 PM »
As I understand it, Jim Dove's son got all the casting tooling when the shop closed up.  Apparently he is planning on making more parts from that tooling at some point.  We will have to wait and see...

According to what he posts on FB...well, I'll just say I have little confidence in his ability to bring it home.
Jim

mbrunson427

• View Profile
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
TNT Engineering Premium Ford Engine Builders
Hi folks I'm one of the T's in TNT Engineering.

Just to set the record straight.
I'm a registered Professional Mechanical Engineer in Pa, practicing for 32 years. Building Ford related cars and engines for 30 years.

I was a previous member of SAE and very active in the Ford engine market. We are also members of SAAC.

Seems like there are alot of uninformed people talking about things they have no clue about and directing it at an entity they no nothing about.

We specialize in very high end Ford engines that we sell all over the world.

We build and race cars, for example in LaCarrera Panamericana....check it out.

We have numerous repeat customers and specialize in customer sevice well after the sell.

We are currently building an original Boss 429, Boss 302's, stroker 427 Side Oilers and twin supercharged engines, along with many of our base engines.

We have a massive beautiful display at 3 of the Carlisle Events located in the manufacturers midway with Ford engines on display and running.

If you are in the market and want to talk Ford engines for your next project please call 484-824-5629 ask for Tony.

Thank you for your time !!

fastf67

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
I have already talked to Tony Bogovich a month ago and he's not to interested. He said he only had two reply's to that post. For the moment I will keep looking to find a old head that's useless to spec out and play with my mastercam program. I'm not real interested in trying to go full production on them as I'm not retired and more of a hobby as it's hard to make that much time. Would like a few sets for myself and sell to offset some cost's, then sell the programs to someone and let them go for it if they like. Not like anyone is going to get that rich off of it as fe's are a dying world in reality. My 67 s-code is going to be minimum three year project at lease with the full frame and mods that's planned for it without ending up looking like a stripped out drag car. Maybe someone like pond or bbm is already looking into or working on it and we don't know? Yes, the cammers there doing are awesome without a doubt, but expensive and harder to keep up with unless you dam near devote your life to them like Jay, Brent, barry or blair ect. Other then that there for the rich and shameless. I think someone could sell more affordable user friendly TP's to average public. Till then, I will play around.

Tobbemek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/dQhVGYF6-ho
Dousent get any cooler than this avesom -67 Tunnelport fastback. Even if there is modern alternatives of induction choices this is hard to beat. 

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »
Carbs all the way.. nice.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 02:05:03 AM »
I understand the nostalgic appeal of the TP heads, the "cool" factor, the rarity, etc.  And if I could find/afford a pair, I would be severely tempted to buy them for those reasons.  My question is though, are the original TPs any better than what's currently available with the BBM, Survival, and Trick Flow heads?

ntheogen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 03:48:59 PM »
Okay I have a little tip to share, but I can't say a whole lot or divulge to much just yet. But there's some awesome stuff related to this subject in the works right now and it's moving forward pretty quickly. It will be an addition to the FE world. That's all I can say right now. More info to follow soon...

Jack

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 06:51:09 PM »
Saw some prototype aluminum TP heads a few years ago.
Don't think they ever made it to production, but who really knows?