Author Topic: Distributor clearance  (Read 1985 times)

tomsfe64

• View Profile
Distributor clearance
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:53:14 PM »
My highriser 2 4bbl intake puts the front carb slightly over the distributor. An msd billet distributor looks to be too long to fit under the carb. Anyone using an aftermarket distributor with same intake?

jholmes217

• View Profile
Re: Distributor clearance
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:46:49 PM »
I'm not using that intake, but my Mallory Unilite is about the same height as the stock distributors.
Jeff
1969 Mach 1 Q code 428 Cobra Jet
4 speed, 3:50 traction lock
Olympia WA. area

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 02:10:54 PM »
I like the unilite to, its small and compact, mine even clears a fabricated large plenum tunnel ram. I gut my dizzy for locked out timing and crank trigger though. I wonder if they make a crab cap for the Mallory, ?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
I have some old Unilites with a two piece kind of
crabcap dont know if you can buy them anymore

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:37 PM »
I had a Unilite and it fit my low riser with 2x4  I bought a Pertromix and it was to tall  so
I have a stock dizzy with a Pertronix in it. I bought a Msd a couple of years ago because from th intake to the cap is the same size cap is a little taller but I think it's gonna fit may have to take the tit off top of HEI wires . By the way I have the distributor that you have to run the MSD box can you run that with a Pertronix coil or do I have to buy a new one