Author Topic: My 431 stroker Build and Dyno  (Read 39904 times)

Lenz

• View Profile
Re: My 431 stroker Build and Dyno
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
Man, this has taken some turns.  School is in session and that is why this forum exists.  Fine69, that build is solid and I think you are about to have a hell of a lot of fun.  For my part, I'd have loved to strap my 445 to a dyno to test and tune before the drop in but alas, I'm just another commoner who went a tad over budget.  Once I get the cooling while idling and rear gear issues worked out I'm hitting a local chassis dyno.  Not sure what'll happen but I've just gotta know.....................
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2014, 07:58:42 PM »
How does anyone think they can control the parameters with that air box tubing fitted like that?  That within itself is a give away to the quality of the data.  JMO, but no dice.  Joe-JDC

The hood does not really bother me that much.  A DTS system does not even measure airflow (although it makes a nice truth serum).  But the airflow consumption and hence VE that is shown on the sheet cannot possible be accurate with that inlet.  A SuperFlow uses a velocity stack with an air turbine to measure input into the engine.  If the software counts on airflow data in its data stream calculations that inlet might be scuzzing up the output....

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »
That FE looks drunker than a hundred Indians with a lamp shade on it's head. Ten foot tall and bullet proof dyno numbers.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:57:45 PM by KMcCullah »
Kevin McCullah