Author Topic: Edelbrock EFI purchase, pics and initial observations  (Read 8195 times)

Leny Mason

• View Profile
Re: Edelbrock EFI purchase, pics and initial observations
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 08:21:42 AM »
Hi, I have two things to say one is about the gas tank in the cab on Ross's 71 F 100, My old boss rolled his F100 over he could not get out for quite a while and the gas was dripping on him all the while, it would or been terrible he was a great boss so think about it Ross, and the other thing is I just bought a new stub cam from Doug at precision oil pumps, so I had to buy a new gear for oil pump drive- distributor from crane now I hope I got the right one, how do you tell. Leny Mason   

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2019, 08:33:38 AM »
I ran a mechanical on mine as well, only reason I am swapping now is for the EFI.  Pretty affordable alternative.
Speaking of which, wuz goin’ on.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »
Just curious is the manifold medium riser ports or low riser ports. 

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2019, 01:49:16 PM »
Hi, I have two things to say one is about the gas tank in the cab on Ross's 71 F 100, My old boss rolled his F100 over he could not get out for quite a while and the gas was dripping on him all the while, it would or been terrible he was a great boss so think about it Ross

No chance, if this truck burns, I am going with it ;)

Just curious is the manifold medium riser ports or low riser ports. 

Medium riser, but not clean even with those, we port matched mine because they are cut so ugly, not even square to each other or any the same.  No idea why Edelbrock does that, you could say it's because they expect Victors to be ported, but this kit is supposed to be bolt on, and it was rough

Speaking of which, wuz goin’ on.

Omaha NE floods, work that pays for the toys (doing nice hyd roller 461 that should run real hard), daughter's college grad and job hunt, war games, got a lot of wrong parts in, slowest builds EVER.....LOL.  In fact, I bagged the bare blocks with desiccant pouches while I waited, it took so long

That being said, the 461CJ will be buttoned up this weekend except for final pushrod measurement, my 461 is assembled, but I am having cam doubts....planned a 280/286 112 LSA hyd flat tappet, in fact, it's in the engine, but probably going with a custom solid flat, just need to make the decision, and on my own I am a cheapskate, but like solids
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:55:02 PM by My427stang »
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2019, 02:18:43 PM »
Damn, hope everybody/everything is ok.
From the news I saw it was pretty rough.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon