Author Topic: Finally summer here  (Read 2882 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Finally summer here
« on: June 13, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »
Summer is late a couple of weeks this year but now finally its here
so i gave the rowing boat a new coat of  pinetar,linsead oil,turpentine
and me and the wife had a picknick

It is beautiful down by the river at my moms place

same place one month ago

The other day me and the wife took a trip up the river

Kamlunge rapids

Bondersbyn

Lake Storlappträsk

In Sweden we have this old right that every free man is allowed to roam the land and stay for the night. So here and there it is built smal
"bbq"  places with tables and benches and some kind protection from the wind and rain. A group of guys from the closest village goes together
and build it. I suspect it is often to getaway from the wifes and to drink beer ;D ;D This is a such place upstreams the rapids

absolutly beautiful place with tabel/bences a fire ring a log shelter wit dry firewood and a even a  Boule court :o. And you hear the thunder from the rapids in the background

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 04:02:24 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Finally summer here
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 10:21:37 PM »
Nice Heo your always doing something exciting.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 10:44:13 PM »
In Sweden we have this old right that every free man is allowed to roam the land and stay for the night. So here and there it is built smal
"bbq"  places with tables and benches and some kind protection from the wind and rain. A group of guys from the closest village goes together
and build it.

That's a great tradition to uphold.
Beautiful scenery, everywhere around you. That sure looks like a small rowing boat for such a big river!  ;D
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 11:42:11 PM »
Heo - Glad to see your wife getting around well  :D  Looks like a great adventure you're going on.  If it makes you feel better, we're having a "cold" cloudy Spring here in Southern California!
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 01:15:16 AM »
Nice Heo your always doing something exciting.

Well, im trying to now when the wife has healed from the crusched ankle and broken bone
almost a year since we done any adventure

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 01:31:24 AM »
and build it.

That's a great tradition to uphold.
Beautiful scenery, everywhere around you. That sure looks like a small rowing boat for such a big river!  ;D

Yes it is , sorry to say it is threatened by idiots that use it for comercial purposes and arange trips with tourists
and leave trash and damages behind on other peoples property. I my self try leave no trace behind me,
It is a traditional small boat from this lower part of the river. My dad and me built it in mid 80s out of aspen
after an old boat we had. They are traditional built out of spruce, but we had a big aspen we put through
the sawmill and made boards out of.  So it is realy homebuilt...we cut down the tree, made board out of it
and built the boat. Ohh wait, we cheated and bought the copper rivets to rivet the boat together ::) ;D

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 01:42:12 AM »
Heo - Glad to see your wife getting around well  :D  Looks like a great adventure you're going on.  If it makes you feel better, we're having a "cold" cloudy Spring here in Southern California!

Well, She is almost healed by now and happy that she can wear high heel again.
 But she still get a lot of pain when using the leg to much but its getting better and better
It is nice to be able to go on smal trips again
And buy cold you probably talking about a nice summer day here ;D ;D
Tomorrow it looks like we get sunny and 75+ degrees thats considered a nice summer day
Its rare but sometimes we get up to high 80s, low 90s

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 01:57:55 PM »
Summer here too.  We've had a rainy spring for once, and now can't go outside without getting mauled by mosquitoes.  It's 88 today, be 103F on Saturday and 109F on Monday.  Any weeds not sprayed grow chest high in a couple of days.  In other words, we don't go out unless we're at the drag strip and then we stay in the AC'd trailer until called for rounds. 

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 03:56:41 PM »
It's 88 today, be 103F on Saturday and 109F on Monday.  Any weeds not sprayed grow chest high in a couple of days.  In other words, we don't go out unless we're at the drag strip and then we stay in the AC'd trailer until called for rounds.

I couldn't imagine being suited up, full helmet, inside the car, windows up, on hot asphalt, in 100*+ temps. A couple years ago I got so hot waiting in line that I started to get light headed. Not good right before doing 120+mph. I bought an under jacket garment that you soak in water to help keep you cool. Works pretty good, but it's still brutal on asphalt at times.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 08:44:36 AM »
BTW - beautiful day out Heo.  Love the countryside.  The green is nice. 

The track we frequent will be switching to gates open 3, Driver's meeting at 4:30, time trials about 5 for July and August here.  We were starting at 11 AM.  I'm in the slow car so only a single layer jacket and pants.  Pants because I wear shorts under and if I go out early I wanna be comfy LOL!  Now the dragster, which was a 5.3x car, is miserable - 3.2A/5 jacket, pants, shoes, gloves, full face helmet.  Yea, and it's all black too.  Basically a snow suit to wear in the summer.  And since we race out west of Odessa Tx, it's nothing but sand/dirt.  The concrete temps get in the 130s, starting line track temps can exceed 150 in summer.  I use a older blue RCI 3.2A/5 jacket as a winter coat here.  Several people here are using "circle track" under coolers with ice.  No room in a dragster.  Which I'm thinking about sending off to someone else.  If you stay under 6.50 or so (1/8), track life is way much simpler.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 08:48:37 AM by Falcon67 »

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 02:22:23 PM »
Yes the green in early summer is special, so light and intensive. Later in summer
it turns darker green.
Today wife wanted to go buy some summer flowers, to plant. So i went with her
on operation market garden, but it was closed until moday.
So we made a road trip out of it. Took the less traveled roads home
The bridge over Granån

Granån from the brige

On the other side of thre river the pinebarrens starts. It go on for hundreds of miles to the north.
We followed smal dirtroads through there. We found this cute small lake maybe 100x50 feet

Nothing but moss, pine,sand and gravelpits as kids we used to run our dunebuggies here

Odd place to find a shoe, probably from some of the new drugadicts that gone missing resently. If you remember
they go missing here and their shoes is found in strange places (wife thinks i conected to their dissapearance since
i find shoes and the car of one of the missing :D)

Lake with a picknik place in the barrens

Left the barrens and followed The Sangis "river" down to Sangis.  Here the Björkfors rapids

Was going to buy an icecream at the store in sangis but found a newly establised Cafe was a German lady that
somehow ended up there
Nice location down by the river

Wife had a waffle and i had an Appflestrudle with reservation for the spelling

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 05:02:29 PM »
That's just - awesome.  Wonderful way to spend some time together. Nice shirt BTW.  ;D

Gaugster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 10:10:55 PM »
Looks like a very nice holiday. Reminds me of my father's days in the Arctic Circle. The so coveted summer!
John - '68 Cougar XR7 390 FE (X-Code) 6R80 AUTO

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2023, 06:38:42 AM »
I'm glad you're Holley equipped, Heo!

My descendants come from Sweden.  Would love to visit some day. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2023, 09:17:18 AM »
Looks like a very nice holiday. Reminds me of my father's days in the Arctic Circle. The so coveted summer!

I live just south of the Arctic Circle  down by the coast at the gulf of Bottnia close to the finnish border