Author Topic: '65 Galaxie 390 3 spd - price drop  (Read 868 times)

cjshaker

• View Profile
'65 Galaxie 390 3 spd - price drop
« on: June 19, 2023, 08:37:10 PM »
Since I sold my Galaxie last year, I have no need to keep this. Originally bought it for spare parts, but it could easily be saved.

Solid and super straight outer body. Floor needs a patch under the drivers feet and an area under the passengers feet, otherwise floor is good. Frame needs a repair under the passenger side door, but drivers side, front and rear frame rails are solid, including over the rear axle area. Trunk floor is solid, but trunk dropoffs have some rust. Outer quarters appear very solid except for one small pinhole (pictured). Door bottoms are solid but one needs a small corner patch on the outer skin. Interior is complete, but all fabric needs replaced. Passenger door panel and handles are in the back seat. Rocker mouldings are in the car and all trim is in excellent shape. Bumpers are straight, with no distortions.

The car is a factory 390 with 3 spd manual. Previous owner installed a floor shifter, but shifter is missing. Engine has not been ran in about 10 years but is not stuck. Still seems to have compression on all cylinders when turning by hand. Has aluminum valve covers and a Mallory distributor. Interior is pretty much shot, but it's all there. Radiator is in the trunk, but I can't find the keys for the car (still looking). Front was pulled apart by previous owner to put in a new radiator support. I have the rest of the front pieces for the car, including 3 grilles, 2 pairs of headlight buckets and brackets. Also have a spare gauge assembly for the dash. Car ran and drove good when the guy parked it to pull the front apart. He got hard up for money and that's when I bought it. Right front wheel is stuck, haven't tried to loosen it. I should have wheels to put on it to move. Clean title.

Asking $1200
Located just east of Lima, Ohio

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 05:27:47 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: '65 Galaxie 390 3 spd
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 05:24:55 PM »