FE Power Forums > The Road to Drag Week 2016

DW 2016 line up is out

(1/5) > >>

AlanCasida:
Out of the 20 cars in my class Street Race BB/NA there are only 2 Ford's and 1 Mercury. Try not to beat me up too much, Doug!  ;)

http://beta.hotrod.com/articles/2016-hot-rod-drag-week-official-entry-list/

jayb:
Cool!  Good to see that Larry Larson is back in the Unlimited group; between him, Lutz, and Bailey it should be quite a race in Unlimited.  Also saw a couple of the Street Outlaws folks competing.  Brad Dyer is coming back in my class, and I'm sure he will shape up to be a formidable competitor as usual.  My former trunk monkey Joel is in Super Street Big Block NA, and will be racing my old pal Vince Rasch in his Pontiac, last year's class winner.  But Curt Johnson is also in that class, instead of his usual BB/NA, so I'm figuring he'll run high 8s again with his BBC Mustang and run away from the pack.  Curt is also signed up in BB/PA with his 70 Chevelle, that won the class in 2007.  Also, Jack and Scott Miller are both back, Jack in Pro Street power adder with his 68 Mustang and Scott in BB/NA with his 68 Cougar.  Scott was second in that class last year, behind Curt, so I think he stands a good chance of winning this year.  Doug and Alan may have a hard time keeping pace with Scott ;)  And I see that Jon Huber is back with his turbo 4 cylinder Fox body Mustang; always a treat to watch that car hang the hoops at the line.  Kevin is signed up in Street Machine Eliminator, but I don't think he'll make it with his Cougar...

I'm getting excited already...  ;D ;D

thatdarncat:
I see some interesting vehicles on the list, not sure if any of the veterans of Dragweek recognize them - look like some "Street Rods" in Unlimited, I wonder if they will be in the "Pro Mod vein? And a '70 Cadillac in Ultimate Iron? I also spot a '55 Thunderbird and a '58 Ranchero. Should be very interesting.

cjshaker:
I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. Scott won't know what hit him  ::)
I saw Scott's engine at Blair's and got the low down on some upgrades. If he can make it through the week I think he's got a real chance of winning. I'll be rooting for him.

And Alan, I think your car was running low 12's? We should be running pretty close depending on how well I can get it to hook. Don't think I'll be beating up on anyone. Besides, you've got the advantage with that new fangled 385 series engine  ;D

I'm also glad to see Larry Larson back in this year. That explains why he was running the Nova in Rocky Mountain Drag Week, he was saving the S-10 for the REAL race.

JERICOGTX:
No Doug Cline on the list. He just won Rocky Mountain Race Week. I was hoping to see the car last year, but he beached it last year at RMRW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version