Author Topic: Somebody kick me in the buttoxials...  (Read 4242 times)

FElony

Somebody kick me in the buttoxials...
« on: June 23, 2018, 10:10:02 PM »
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/1955-bel-air-2-door-hard-top/6622631994.html

Haven't we all fantasized about buying Chevy's finest and putting a Ford engine in it? Revenge is sweet, yes?

Gregwill16

• View Profile
Re: Somebody kick me in the buttoxials...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:00:11 AM »
I am actually with you on this one Felony! My devious side is thinking we should all pitch in and build a wicked FE and have it white with blue ovals in all the popular places, maybe even just get a complete blue oval body wrap. Then we share it and hit all the big car shows all around the country just to make sure it is rubbed in everywhere. Lol, sorry guys just makes me sick to walk up to nice Ford to find a turd under the hood.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 10:05:14 AM »
GASSER! That would show em!

FElony

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
I am actually with you on this one Felony! My devious side is thinking we should all pitch in and build a wicked FE and have it white with blue ovals in all the popular places, maybe even just get a complete blue oval body wrap. Then we share it and hit all the big car shows all around the country just to make sure it is rubbed in everywhere. Lol, sorry guys just makes me sick to walk up to nice Ford to find a turd under the hood.

Excellent idea! OK OK, everyone in this forum PayPal me $1000 and we'll get this puppy rockin'!! I'll go buy this car after the first 5 contributors ante up. I'll be watching my PM box every hour for mucho moolah. C'mon guys, LET'S DO IT!

FElony

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
HEY, we're up to 7 contributors so far! I know the rest of you would like to see a blown SOHC in this Chevy, so PM me for PayPal info. Called the seller and going out tomorrow to check it over. Let's DO IT!

yikes, I just looked at the date in the corner of my monitor and realized that my dad died 20 years ago today. Wow, that sneaked up outta nowhere. C'mon doodz, let's do it for Bob! The SR-71 guy! Yeah! 

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 11:27:36 PM »
Somebody beat you to the '55:

Here's a link to an article on it- http://www.hotrod.com/articles/427-ford-sohc-powers-1955-chevy-convertible/

I found this '56, but I can't find any info on it:

Also, found this Cammer powered 'Vette:

Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

FElony

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:15:02 PM »
That first '55 is so wrong. Why put such an engine into an over-the-top custom cruiser with yucky Big Wheels? Gag me with a spoon. A gussied-up Coyote would have been a better choice.

Nope, gotta be a raw and deadly combo. No flashy faggy parts. Somewhere out there must be a crusty SOHC with a blower that's seen better days on some funny car in a barn. Nitro then; nitro now.

Anyway, I now have 23 contributors at $1000 each, plus a couple guys who doubled-up. If that doofus Cleetus can raise a million dollars doin' it for Dale, who was the most loathsome, conniving, weasel-faced excuse for a driver to ever besmudge a Nascar track, then certainly we can do it for Bob, who fought against the Japs in New Guinea and went on to work on Lockheed's finest. Let's keep the bux rolling in!

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »
That first '55 is so wrong. Why put such an engine into an over-the-top custom cruiser with yucky Big Wheels? Gag me with a spoon. A gussied-up Coyote would have been a better choice.

I agree. I would lean more towards the gasser style, like the '56 I posted.
Jared

FElony

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 08:20:40 PM »

I agree. I would lean more towards the gasser style, like the '56 I posted.

Gassers rule. BTW, where's YOUR $1000 donation? Hmm?

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »

I love gassers. High winding, 4 speed, and lotsa gear! What's not to like?

MY money is going directly into my project right now. Almost every paycheck. What started out as a simple cam swap to a mild old 390 two years ago, has escalated severely.  ::)
Jared

FElony

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »

MY money is going directly into my project right now.

That's OK. The way money is pouring in right now, I'll be at my 50k goal real quick.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 08:35:17 AM »
So.....your bonds man wants his money, huh? I just happen to have the exact car you want. Send me the 50 large & I will ship it right out to you. BTW, I have no pics as my camera is broken, but I assure you as soon as I get your money that it will be shipped the same day. Here is the tracking # uunvg047wgjfn.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

FElony

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 12:13:33 PM »
So.....your bonds man wants his money, huh? I just happen to have the exact car you want. Send me the 50 large & I will ship it right out to you. BTW, I have no pics as my camera is broken, but I assure you as soon as I get your money that it will be shipped the same day. Here is the tracking # uunvg047wgjfn.

Well, it looks like I need to step aside and let you campaign your Chevy nationwide. I wanted the glory and fame all to myself, but experience has told me to be humble when the opportunity warrants it. My donation fund seems to have stalled out at 32k, so it looks like "my" '55 is going to get the 2.0 from the Pinto and a used eBay turbo. Still unique, though. Should be enough left over for Hookers 'N' Blow. Gotta keep up my health, you know.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:13:24 PM by FElony »

TomP

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 12:27:08 PM »
There is a 4 cam 4.6 Mod motor in a black 56 Chevy from WA state that I see at local car shows.

But a man of your means and collection of FE's needs to have an FE in it.

FElony

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
There is a 4 cam 4.6 Mod motor in a black 56 Chevy from WA state that I see at local car shows.

But a man of your means and collection of FE's needs to have an FE in it.

Earlier today I went to do my grocery shopping and the F150's battery was stone dead. It was getting a little sketchy before the trip to Yuma, and perhaps that finished it off, as it won't take a charge. The 7mm bolt on the battery hold-down bracket rounded off. Of course. So I hop into the Vic instead. About a mile out the A/C suddenly goes warm, so I guess a seal went bad. I now firmly believe that there is a Chevy god that is punishing me for my blasphemy, and that I must repent. And grovel. Lots of groveling.  :'(